Manny will be fine

Going Underground

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No better time to lock him up long term.

Can't hit. Bad knees. 4th best third baseman in the AL East. His playing clock looks like the last page of a Mayan calendar.

8 years, 60 million ought to get it done at this rate. [emoji16]

I don't think anyone is really worrying.

Per the Sun:

People shouldn't be hitting the panic button on Manny Machado after he collected just one hit through the first week of the season. But if they are, there's an easy way to walk them back to reality.

Machado is making contact very good contact when he is up. That he has one hit to show for it is one of those early-season anomalies that simply being in the lineup every day will easily rectify

Manny Machado is hitting the ball as hard as anyone in the game, so don't worry about his production yet.

Every ball Manny Machado has hit is over 100 mph this year, according to MLB data.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-through-first-week-manny-machado-among-hardest-hitters-in-game-despite-lack-of-results-20150413-story.html

Sorry, I am not paying to read the Sun. I would however, like to see the velo numbers of balls put in play. It has always seemed to be that this would be a good pure measure of hitting. HHB %. Any body have a link?

Good luck convincing the majority of the OH gang.

Some want him rotting away on the AAA bench, thinking it will improve this club.

HE is quite possibly everything that Justin Turner became. And more. I don't need to convince anyone anything. But I believe it.

Here I commit a Sacrilege ----I just don't see this super-star bat. I thought he had it his first year but they adjusted and he never got back on track.

So you missed last year completely? Especially right before the rupture?

Here I commit a Sacrilege ----I just don't see this super-star bat. I thought he had it his first year but they adjusted and he never got back on track.

He was pretty on track in June - August of last year: .307/.350/.505. I still feel we'll see a line similar to that this year.

You need to look at some numbers. After his belated ST in May, he hit .307 .350 .505 .855 in the next 55 G. That's 30 HR and 80 RBI over 162 G.

seems you missed my aviator...

Yeah, I'm sorry. I know there's a contingent of folks trying to get "Chad" adopted as a nickname for Machado, but I just dondon't see it happening, at least not on the OH. Seems to be way more nays than yays when folks discuss it or react to it.

Archived