Which one of us is this?

Guest birdsallday

This is silly, to link the likes of A-Rod to Cruz is extremely short sighted and ridiculous and even bird brain.

Because ARod has 600 career home runs? How about Melky Cabrera, who people on this board wanted to sign to a contract. He took steroids and lied about it and tried to create a fake website to deflect the blame.

Or Ryan Braun, who cost a guy his job and lied to his friends, coworkers, and fans.

Why is ARod considered the worst of the worst?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because ARod has 600 career home runs? How about Melky Cabrera, who people on this board wanted to sign to a contract. He took steroids and lied about it and tried to create a fake website to deflect the blame.

Or Ryan Braun, who cost a guy his job and lied to his friends, coworkers, and fans.

Why is ARod considered the worst of the worst?

Ban them all, but in my book, he is the worse. He spent money trying to buy and destroy the evidence.

I wouldn't lump Cruz and ARoid together. Cruz admitted his mistake and took his punishment. ARoid lied twice about it, and then threatened to sue every one and worse to the BALCO guy, to try to avoid taking his. Besides his roid use effects important records. Cruz will never threaten to pass Willy Mays.

o

o

I wouldn't turn my back on anybody at the plate, I don't care what they did/have done.

The risk of getting hit in the back (or side) of my head with a line drive wouldn't make it worth it.

I rest my case:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A3C636E2C21202089795497922560_3b2c7ee6c5b.2.1.7269395534764063400.mp4?versionId=NobXjAuPybVDu3WByaQjbsVyEH_bWQin

If you can help it, you should try to never turn your back on the baseball action while it is happening ...... whether you are doing it intentionally as a means of dissing a player, or if you are doing it unintentionally, as this woman did.

This is so stupid.

Whatever. That's fine if you don't want to watch one of the greatest hitters of all time.

I wouldn't turn my back either. Chances of getting hit. ARod one of the greatest

cheaters of all time. Sorry but he is nothing special. IMO

o

I rest my case:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A3C636E2C21202089795497922560_3b2c7ee6c5b.2.1.7269395534764063400.mp4?versionId=NobXjAuPybVDu3WByaQjbsVyEH_bWQin

If you can help it, you should try to never turn your back on the baseball action while it is happening ...... whether you are doing it intentionally as a means of dissing a player, or if you are doing it unintentionally, as this woman did.

Fairly certain the man was in the left field seats. If a ball were to come his way he would've had plenty of warning to duck/react.

I agree with you if you're closer to the plate, though.

And BTW, how does that woman get hit there? Obviously first and foremost I hope she's OK, and I'm thinking the Pirates had better be ready to shell out some damages.

Fairly certain the man was in the left field seats. If a ball were to come his way he would've had plenty of warning to duck/react.

And BTW, how does that woman get hit there? Obviously first and foremost I hope she's OK, and I'm thinking the Pirates had better be ready to shell out some damages.

Yea where the heck is the protective netting?

There is/was netting. She was front row near the net. Just enough slack for the ball to still hit her.

Yea where the heck is the protective netting?

Ban them all, but in my book, he is the worse. He spent money trying to buy and destroy the evidence.

Braun is by far the worst in my book.

As for banning them all that's ridiculous. Lots of players have been and still are taking steroids but just haven't been caught. Heck Cruz never even failed a drug test. Shows you how effective the testing is. Only morons get caught.

Braun is by far the worst in my book.

As for banning them all that's ridiculous. Lots of players have been and still are taking steroids but just haven't been caught. Heck Cruz never even failed a drug test. Shows you how effective the testing is. Only morons get caught.

Why is Braun worse in your book, then somebody who lied, manipulated and tried to coverup his involvement?

Just curiuse, you made the statement, but failed to include any supporting arguments.

o

o

I wouldn't turn my back on anybody at the plate, I don't care what they did/have done.

The risk of getting hit in the back (or side) of my head with a line drive wouldn't make it worth it.

o

I rest my case:

He was in the first 2 or 3 rows, and at field level.

How would he have time to react to a hard line drive if he wasn't watching what is going on?

Hope that somebody near him would say, "Hey mister, there is a hard line-drive coming for your head?" And hope that he would get those words out of his mouth before the line-drive hit him ???

No, thanks. I'll stick to my policy of not turning my back on the action.

He was in the first 2 or 3 rows, and at field level.

How would he have time to react to a hard line drive if he wasn't watching what is going on?

Hope that somebody near him would say, "Hey mister, there is a hard line-drive coming for your head?" And hope that he would get those words out of his mouth before the line-drive hit him ???

No, thanks. I'll stick to my policy of not turning my back on the action.

He was behind the left field wall. (Again, that's according to my understanding, I don't remember if that's what the picture showed.)

In order for him to get hit it would have had to have been a home run. Certainly he would have seen people reacting and known that a ball was coming his way. Even if he didn't, the people around him would have deflected it trying to catch the ball.

You certainly are welcome to maintain your policy of not turning your back to the field. :) But he was in no danger.

If I had any complaint about this is that's he's blocking the view of the people behind him.

He was behind the left field wall. (Again, that's according to my understanding, I don't remember if that's what the picture showed.)

In order for him to get hit it would have had to have been a home run. Certainly he would have seen people reacting and known that a ball was coming his way. Even if he didn't, the people around him would have deflected it trying to catch the ball.

You certainly are welcome to maintain your policy of not turning your back to the field. :) But he was in no danger.

If I had any complaint about this is that's he's blocking the view of the people behind him.

Oh, I thought that he was in foul territory on the 3rd base side of the field.

I was presuming that the player in the picture was the left-fielder. I guess it was the centerfielder (Adam Jones.)

Archived