On a postive note....

SpinJr

Jones's and Schoop's starts are pretty darn good. Jones for whatever reason to me looks like a different animal thus far. He is holding off the bad pitches and crushing mistakes. His mentee JC seems to be following suite.

Yes the bullpen looks like hot garbage right now, but I refuse to dwell on that 7 games in.

:thumbsup1:

It seems Adam Jones is doing his darndest to try to carry this team until......... another miracle happens? He really has come to play and lead this year. I feel bad for him though, and JJ, having put their faith in the organization to do what it took to give them a REAL good chance to win it all. It was common knowledge that 2016 would be a rebuilding year, but there was hope that 2015, handled correctly, would be a win it all year. He and JJ are pros and will overcome, somehow.

I think the whole batting order is taking more pitches and working the count. COOLBAUGH??;)

You may be right....new hitting coach? ;)

I think our pitching will normalize soon and if we can stay relatively healthy we'll be fine.

It seems Adam Jones is doing his darndest to try to carry this team until......... another miracle happens? He really has come to play and lead this year. I feel bad for him though, and JJ, having put their faith in the organization to do what it took to give them a REAL good chance to win it all. It was common knowledge that 2016 would be a rebuilding year, but there was hope that 2015, handled correctly, would be a win it all year. He and JJ are pros and will overcome, somehow.

AJ is starting off great no doubt but contributions from Snider, De Aza, and Schoop have really helped.

Jones does look like he is being more patient up there. He'll still chase balls (but that's who he is) and sometimes it does pay off. The pitch he hit the homer last night on was a ball. Agree with you about Schoop too. I think we're just seeing some early season hiccups. I mean am I disappointed that we lost last night? Hell yeah but I think this is a team that can and will contend to the finish.

Jones does look like he is being more patient up there. He'll still chase balls (but that's who he is) and sometimes it does pay off. The pitch he hit the homer last night on was a ball. Agree with you about Schoop too. I think we're just seeing some early season hiccups. I mean am I disappointed that we lost last night? Hell yeah but I think this is a team that can and will contend to the finish.

When Jones is hot, this is how he looks.

When he goes into a small slump, then he looks like he is wailing away

Schoop is definitely hitting better right now than at any point last season, and looks the best he's ever looked at the plate. It's all slugging based so that's unlikely to last, but his OBP while still poor is actually above .300. If he can keep it above that all season with power and a plus glove, I can dig that out of second base.

True. Hopefully he stays hot but he will have cold spells(they all do). What to hope for is that he's hot often than not.

Its a team game, you hope when one gets cold, the rest stay warm to hot and carry the load.

What sucks, is when you get 4-5 all slumping at once.

Schoop is definitely hitting better right now than at any point last season, and looks the best he's ever looked at the plate. It's all slugging based so that's unlikely to last, but his OBP while still poor is actually above .300. If he can keep it above that all season with power and a plus glove, I can dig that out of second base.

:agree:

Archived