Nick Markakis or JJ Hardy?

webbrick2010

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was the only poster who predicted a below .500 season and I think the O's made a critical mistake in not re-tooling now when they could have gotten something. Weiters, Davis, and Norris will be worthless (in a trade) by the end of this year. It remains to be seen if they provide any value to the O's in 2015. I'm not expecting much.
The only poster that is a "fan" of the Orioles. I promise I will not exalt you if you end up correct. In fact, I will blame the bad mojo on you.

Well we shall see, not that hard to replace the production of a guy who isn't on the field.

and yeah he is 32, turns 33 on Aug 19th, which I know makes him officially 32 for this year but not by much. At the end of his 3 year contract he will be a 35 yo SS

I would have let them both go, and traded Norris, Weiters, and Davis. I was the only poster who predicted a below .500 season and I think the O's made a critical mistake in not re-tooling now when they could have gotten something. Weiters, Davis, and Norris will be worthless (in a trade) by the end of this year. It remains to be seen if they provide any value to the O's in 2015. I'm not expecting much.

So are you declaring "victory" after seven games? We're sure to have a losing season now that we're 3-4? I dunno, I think I'd need to see at least 10-15 games before I'd draw that conclusion. :rolleyes:

It will be a long time before we know how the Hardy deal turns out. I'm certainly not going to sweat the fact that he started the year with a brief DL stint.

So are you declaring "victory" after seven games? We're sure to have a losing season now that we're 3-4? I dunno, I think I'd need to see at least 10-15 games before I'd draw that conclusion. :rolleyes:

It will be a long time before we know how the Hardy deal turns out. I'm certainly not going to sweat the fact that he started the year with a brief DL stint.

Yes. He wants kudos for the Orioles suckitude.

I was thinking last night as I watched Nick get another big hit for Atlanta...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I stopped reading after this. Another big hit? He has 6 hits on the season, 0 extra base hits, his SLG is lower than his OBP, and a 564 OPS. You're hilarious bro!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I stopped reading after this. Another big hit? He has 6 hits on the season, 0 extra base hits, his SLG is lower than his OBP, and a 564 OPS. You're hilarious bro!

His hits have been pretty timely, producing 5 RBI in 7 games. So in that sense you could say they've been big.

If before the extension to JJ, we would have been given the choice of signing JJ for 3/38 or Nick for 4/48 which would you have rather had.

I have been vehemently against the JJ signing, as I felt it was too much money for a 33 yo SS who I predicted would be very lucky to play 120 games a year and is to me anyway in a pretty obvious decline already

I was also against signing Nick, and am glad that we didn't, but if I had the choice I would have signed Nick over JJ. Nick provided solid defense and the good OBP that we get from no one else in the lineup (especially with Cruz also gone).

Anyway if it was a choice between JJ and Nick who would you have kept?

Yeah, we've really missed that sub .600 OPS.

If before the extension to JJ, we would have been given the choice of signing JJ for 3/38 or Nick for 4/48 which would you have rather had.

I have been vehemently against the JJ signing, as I felt it was too much money for a 33 yo SS who I predicted would be very lucky to play 120 games a year and is to me anyway in a pretty obvious decline already

I was also against signing Nick, and am glad that we didn't, but if I had the choice I would have signed Nick over JJ. Nick provided solid defense and the good OBP that we get from no one else in the lineup (especially with Cruz also gone).

Since I judge everything by how a player is contributing at this very moment in time, it's obviously Markakis. Of course that leads to some awkward moments, like me establishing then de-establishing a new religion based on Travis Snider in the last week.

Easy JJ

His hits have been pretty timely, producing 5 RBI in 7 games. So in that sense you could say they've been big.

I suppose. I'm not even trying to gauge what kind of season Nick will have. I just think it's the definition of hyperbole to say he's come up with "another big hit for Braves" at this point in the season, considering his line at the moment.

Archived