Miguel Gonzalez Today 2015

Il BuonO

Miguel Gonzalez is a cold killer.
Miguel Gonzalez is a Yankee killer. ;) I was there to witness it.

And to think that so many people here at OH (and in other places) thought that he should be the one left out of the rotation and start in the pen. Does anyone still think so? I never did and I still don't.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if there were any big game I would be happy to hand the ball to Gonzo. He has done so many times. The guy rises to the occasion, and is so underappreciated. We needed this 7 IP from him tonight because of bullpen, and he delivered. This is not lost on Buck, if not on the OH haters.

And to think that so many people here at OH (and in other places) thought that he should be the one left out of the rotation and start in the pen. Does anyone still think so? I never did and I still don't.

I never did. He's my favorite out of the starters (at least until Gausman breaks into the rotation).

He was really good. And Gausman and Bud have been bad.

The splitter/changeup is the key for him. He didn't have it the first game but it was working beautifully tonight. Classic Miguel. Always seems to raise his game for the Yankees. It would have been a tragedy to send him to the bullpen or Norfolk.

It is surprising how quickly our excess of strong pitching has evaporated.

It is surprising how quickly our excess of strong pitching has evaporated.

I don't know. Tillman is what he is. He will keep us in games but is not going to be that dominant #1. Chen too. Ubaldo was terrific. Gonzo has been great. Only guy I am worried about right now is Bud, and Wilson, Johnson, and Gamboa are a phone call away. I am OK with where we are with our rotation.

To me the bigger issue right now is bullpen. We don't have anyone other than Britton who can be trusted in any matchup. Gausman should be that guy but for some reason he is has not gotten good results.

I don't know. Tillman is what he is. He will keep us in games but is not going to be that dominant #1. Chen too. Ubaldo was terrific. Gonzo has been great. Only guy I am worried about right now is Bud, and Wilson, Johnson, and Gamboa are a phone call away. I am OK with where we are with our rotation.

To me the bigger issue right now is bullpen. We don't have anyone other than Britton who can be trusted in any matchup. Gausman should be that guy but for some reason he is has not gotten good results.

Agree with this. I'm not TOO worried though due to having seen glimpses of Brach and O'day pitching strongly so far this season. I never really like Hunter in any high leverage situation.

The "record" is backdated accordingly....:P

MG is totally "el hombre que mata con coraz?n de hielo" . Tengo "amor de hombre" para el! :hearts:

Horrible FB command today. Hung in there though.

Yep, hung in there nicely given how bad his FB command was. They showed on the postgame, that Gonzo decreased the percentage of FB's he normally throws, and increased the percentage of breaking balls (the one pitch he had decent command of today). Now that's how to make adjustments when you don't have your best stuff.

Todays game is why I think Gonzo is at least our #2 starter. He really did not have a good fastball or command of it. But he easily has the best pitchability of anyone on this staff, and he hangs in there and gets it done. When he is on his game he is lights out. When he is not, he hangs tough.

o

18 OUTS: 5 Flyouts, 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 3 Popouts, 1 Strikeout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. RED SOX, 4/24)

IP:. 6

H:o 8 (2 Home Runs, 6 Singles)

R:O 4

BB: 1 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 91 (60 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.42

* Gonzalez also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (12 Strikes, 31 Balls)

18 (10 Strikes, 81 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 51 Balls)

91 (81 Strikes, 11 Balls)

25 (14 Strikes, 11 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls)

I know you are on a computer, but FYI the colors don't translate to Tapatalk and it seems that he threw like 1000 pitches hah.

Archived