Miguel Gonzalez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, Gonzo is doing just fine as a MLB starting pitcher. We have 3 good starters (so far, and not necessarily ranked in ability): Ubaldo, Gonzo, Wei-Yin. Now if we could get Tilly and Norris back on track -- or else get Gausman fixed up from his injury and back in the rotation.

Seriously, Gonzo is doing just fine as a MLB starting pitcher. We have 3 good starters (so far, and not necessarily ranked in ability): Ubaldo, Gonzo, Wei-Yin. Now if we could get Tilly and Norris back on track -- or else get Gausman fixed up from his injury and back in the rotation.

That's good news, because I'm confident Tillman and Norris (especially Tillman) will get it going soon. We will have a GREAT rotation when and if that happens. Cybaldo turning it around this year is such a boost for so many reasons.

That's good news, because I'm confident Tillman and Norris (especially Tillman) will get it going soon. We will have a GREAT rotation when and if that happens. Cybaldo turning it around this year is such a boost for so many reasons.
I knew that Ubaldo's hard work would pay lots of dividends, but very few of the Famous Pundits believed me back then. They kept arguing for Gausman in the rotation and Ubaldo in the pen. Or else Gonzo in the pen, which makes just about as much sense (NOT). Gausman does belong in the rotation and we can figure out what to do with the "6th guy."

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

o

21 OUTS: 8 Strikeouts, 5 Flyouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Popouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. MARINERS, 5/19)

IP:. 7

H:;; 5 (2 Home Runs, 3 Singles)

R:l) 4

BB: 2

SO: 8

Pitches: 98 (68 Strikes, 30 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.24

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (13 Strikes, 3 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

24 (17 Strikes, 7 Balls)

13 (61 Strikes, 7 Balls)

81 (51 Strikes, 3 Balls)

11 (10 Strikes, 1 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

Tonight was an example of how the W/L record has some meaning. He pitched well but for basically two pitches. And he kept us in the game to get the win.

I tend to think of it as an example of how skewed and overblown the term quality start is. One home run to the hottest hitter in baseball cost him what would have been a "quality start." Seven innings, eight K's, and no runs allowed after the homer more than strikes me as a quality start even if all the qualifiers weren't there.

I tend to think of it as an example of how skewed and overblown the term quality start is. One home run to the hottest hitter in baseball cost him what would have been a "quality start." Seven innings, eight K's, and no runs allowed after the homer more than strikes me as a quality start even if all the qualifiers weren't there.
I like it that he stayed in the game and got the win. Old School.

o

Fortunately for Gonzalez, rookie Chaz Daniel Roe came in and prevented these numbers from looking any worse than they already did in his (Roe's) career major league debut.

Duquette loves his former 1st round picks. He looks pretty sharp so far, has a nice slider.

o

Fortunately for Gonzalez, rookie Chaz Daniel Roe came in and prevented these numbers from looking any worse than they already did in his (Roe's) career major league debut.

12 OUTS: 8 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Strikeouts, 1 Lineout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. MARLINS, 5/24)

IP:. 4 - PLUS

H:;; 10 (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 8 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB: 3 *

SO: 2

Pitches: 96 (63 Strikes, 33 Balls) O ** O 92 (63 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.83

* 1 of the Walks was Intentional

** Minus the Intentional Walk

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (91 Strikes, 21 Balls)

21 (15 Strikes, 61 Balls)

20 (13 Strikes, 71 Balls)

24 (14 Strikes, 10 Balls) O *** O 20 (14 Strikes, 6 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls) ****

*** Minus the Intentional Walk

**** Gonzalez did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

This wasn't Chaz's major league debut. He was in the majors with Arizona and Yankees before.

o

Fortunately for Gonzalez, Chaz Daniel Roe came in and prevented these numbers from looking any worse than they already did in his (Roe's) Orioles debut.

12 OUTS: 8 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Strikeouts, 1 Lineout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. MARLINS, 5/24)

IP:. 4 - PLUS

H:;; 10 (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 8 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB: 3 *

SO: 2

Pitches: 96 (63 Strikes, 33 Balls) O ** O 92 (63 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.83

* 1 of the Walks was Intentional

** Minus the Intentional Walk

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (91 Strikes, 21 Balls)

21 (15 Strikes, 61 Balls)

20 (13 Strikes, 71 Balls)

24 (14 Strikes, 10 Balls) O *** O 20 (14 Strikes, 6 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls) ****

*** Minus the Intentional Walk

**** Gonzalez did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Archived