Two reasons to love Zach Britton

Frobby

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sinker he throws is down right NASTY everybody knows it's coming and they still pound it into the dirt, or flat out whiff on it :thumbsup1:

I had the same feeling with Greg Olson's curve, everybody knew it was coming, yet, most of the time, it was untouchable.

Zach stuff is so nasty sometimes. I remember last season watching his 97mph sinking fastball pound the bottom of the zone and thinking to myself, "where did that come from?" I sure hope he can sustain this stuff for at least a few more seasons.

Bottom line they were outs.

Would you rather see him, hit hard, and make the outfielders go out onto the warning track for them?

I was certainly not complaining about him, I love seeing him come in the game. Just an observation, he seems to sometimes get in trouble only because of soft ground balls and broken bat singles. It is a good problem to have.

*Now.

Remember when he was a terrible fielder? Buck mentioned how much he's improved in his press conference last night. I recall Buck getting on him about not defending his position a few years ago. He looks great now.

Yep, it's something that Buck really drills into his pitchers

One more - how does it get any better!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Elijah Davis threw out tonight's 1st pitch. A guest of <a href="https://twitter.com/zbritton">@zbritton</a> & patient at Johns Hopkins, Elijah turns 12 Monday. <a href="http://t.co/yD9XD1nDyh">pic.twitter.com/yD9XD1nDyh</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">April 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived