UMD vs Miami!

They are a 6 seed. They went 10-6 in the best conference and still overall have been hot down the stretch with some big wins. We were a 4 seed before.....no way we drop 3 seeds ......it's possible they still get a 5.

But it doesn't matter if they play like they did today. They will lose to any 11 or 12 seed if they play the same way. Gary better have this team ready and he better have them ready to face zone because any team that watched this game should come out in it and make us shoot them out of of it.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if they were lower than a 5 seed, they still will likely have a top 20 rpi, and their finish to the season was still very good despite this loss. 6 seed is worst case imo.

The ACC tournament doesn't mean that much anymore, although it could hurt seeding. A bad loss at this point helps the team to refocus on what they have done right the last seven games. It's not the end of the world!!!!

Yeah, honestly I have a tough time getting into conference tourneys. I'm not too bummed too get plenty of time to prep for the big one.

It seems like Gary always has trouble against teams who slow him down and play zone. If he can't run and gun, his teams get "out of sorts." When it comes down to a half court game, his teams usually have trouble. If the Terps made their FTs, they would have won. But, in a game against Miami, it never should have been close enough for a few FTs to matter. This game was a big disappointment.

I'd be surprised if they were lower than a 5 seed, they still will likely have a top 20 rpi, and their finish to the season was still very good despite this loss. 6 seed is worst case imo.

They're at #17 post-game at RealTimeRPI.com.

They're at #17 post-game at RealTimeRPI.com.

I can't see more than 3-4 teams jumping them. Even if they drop to 20 that puts them right on the 5/6 border. I actually agree that a 6 seed might end up being better than the 5.

The ACC tournament doesn't mean that much anymore, although it could hurt seeding. A bad loss at this point helps the team to refocus on what they have done right the last seven games. It's not the end of the world!!!!
I agree it will likely kick them in the butt, but they will drop in seeding, big time. I think they're a 5 or 6, likely the latter. This was just an awful loss in every facet of the game, to an awful team. It's not like Miami played great, either, and we just couldn't hit shots. We just sucked horribly, and that should and will be reflected in the seeding.

I agree it will likely kick them in the butt, but they will drop in seeding, big time. I think they're a 5 or 6, likely the latter. This was just an awful loss in every facet of the game, to an awful team. It's not like Miami played great, either, and we just couldn't hit shots. We just sucked horribly, and that should and will be reflected in the seeding.

Go enjoy your birfday, for gawd's sake! :(;)

It seems like Gary always has trouble against teams who slow him down and play zone. If he can't run and gun, his teams get "out of sorts." When it comes down to a half court game, his teams usually have trouble. If the Terps made their FTs, they would have won. But, in a game against Miami, it never should have been close enough for a few FTs to matter. This game was a big disappointment.

I disagree. We lost this game because we turned the ball over a million times, missed a ton of rebounds, and missed a ton of free throws. Even with the poor shooting, if we do even one of those things well, we win this game easily. That's how bad Miami is, and that's how unbelievably horribly we played today.

Ok, I just checked the score and saw that Maryland lost to the 11-19 Miami. How in GOD's name did this happeen? I mean I know this is the ACC, but you have got to be kdding me that they can't beat Miami?

Well at least this dampers my enthusiasm about this team in the tourney so it won't feel so bad when they get knocked out by some nobody.

Ok, I just checked the score and saw that Maryland lost to the 11-19 Miami. How in GOD's name did this happeen? I mean I know this is the ACC, but you have got to be kdding me that they can't beat Miami?

Well at least this dampers my enthusiasm about this team in the tourney so it won't feel so bad when they get knocked out by some nobody.

Read the thread; I think we all summed it up pretty well.:o

HA. Yeah, it probably saved a lot of people's NCAA brackets, especially some MD fans. I was pretty sure I was gonna have them going no further than the sweet 16 and now depending on the bracket I might not even have them going that far.

There is a bright side to this.....A loss refocuses the team and they get alot of rest heading into the tourney.

I agree that they are no worse than a 6 seed and likely a 5 seed.

What the loss did do today was make their first round game that much more difficult.

Archived