UMD vs Miami!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree' date=' I think the forum will turn into how that foul was obviously flagrant and the comparison to Henderson. I mean I am so upset that we didn't get to talk about this more; but it's inevitable right?:rolleyes:[/quote']Is it the outcome of the foul, or the foul itself that determines the punishment? We'll find out next time, on Teams of Our Lives: The ACC Tournament Story.

I have to say today was dissapointing, but reading through this thread with all the questions about Gary's coaching, what a joke. The fact is Miami for some reason brings the worst out of this team. I don't think its the coaches fault. I also am not going to read much into this game when considering how we will do in the tourny. The terps won 7 consecutive games in the toughest conference in the country to end the season. They also won 8 games against teams that will be dancing. I still think they are at worse a top 15 team. I still think they can win 6 in a row no matter who the opponent is. I also think it is unlikely that the do not atleast make the sweet 16. Sure I was hoping for some magic this weekend but the real tourny starts thurs.

I have to say today was dissapointing, but reading through this thread with all the questions about Gary's coaching, what a joke.

I'm sorry - why can't we question Gary? When a team plays this badly - and essentially doesn't make the changes necessary to win - doesn't blame fall on the coaches?

When a team comes out flat, doesn't that reflect on the coach?

We've underperformed time & time again in the conference tourney. Why is this not a reflection on Gary?

I've never been a Gary-hater. I don't call for his head, or even claim the game has passed him by. But when a team performs like this, criticism isn't only allowed - it's warranted - and maybe necessary.

I'm sorry - why can't we question Gary? When a team plays this badly - and essentially doesn't make the changes necessary to win - doesn't blame fall on the coaches?

When a team comes out flat, doesn't that reflect on the coach?

We've underperformed time & time again in the conference tourney. Why is this not a reflection on Gary?

I've never been a Gary-hater. I don't call for his head, or even claim the game has passed him by. But when a team performs like this, criticism isn't only allowed - it's warranted - and maybe necessary.

it's a tough call...the only thing i could critique gary on tonight is holding Mike Jones out for a long duration. However, I played football and basketball in high school and the coach could only do so much. Really it was on us to work hard and prepare for the game. The team knew what they were getting with Miami. They had a game plan. The team was just lazy. Gary's fire on the sideline in the first 2min proved that he was not at all dull in a game like this. The onus lies with the players to 'get up' for an easy game. They overlooked a tough opponent, simple as that

I don't think that's true. A pattern of coming out flat means the coach is missing something in preparation. Something psychological, sure. But there's no excuse for a team coming out like this.

It's not like it's the first time this has happened to Maryland. At some point it comes down to the coaches - if your argument is "it's on the players..." well, who brings the players in?

This team was supposed to be fiery, like Gary. So, where's the rebounding?

Bad games happen. And Maryland was due one. But the idea that we can't criticize Gary is silly. If anything, we respect him enough to look hard at his performance, too, and demand more.

I was unable to catch the game today (making a bad enough work day even worse), so I won't try to provide any analysis (other then the generic, "How the ---- did we lose to MIAMI, AGAIN?").

However, what I will say is what I, among many others, was saying earlier in the year: this team can be extraordinarily inconsistent, because of how the players play.

Frustrating loss, but we're still in the tournament, at a reasonably-high seed, and this team has the potential to go a long way (with, of course, the potential to lose in the first round to a nothing team as well).

Let's not lose sight of the goal.

I don't think that's true. A pattern of coming out flat means the coach is missing something in preparation. Something psychological, sure. But there's no excuse for a team coming out like this.

It's not like it's the first time this has happened to Maryland. At some point it comes down to the coaches - if your argument is "it's on the players..." well, who brings the players in?

This team was supposed to be fiery, like Gary. So, where's the rebounding?

Bad games happen. And Maryland was due one. But the idea that we can't criticize Gary is silly. If anything, we respect him enough to look hard at his performance, too, and demand more.

Oh no, I totally agree with you that we can put blame on the coach, I am saying that this was not as much the coaches fault as it was the players

Archived