Can Paredes play 2B adequately?

ChuckS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I rather see him tried at corner outfield as well. There is a real good chance he will not continue to hit well enough to justify playing 1B or DH and you would think there was a way to parlay his athletic ability into a decent glove somewhere.

If he doesn't hit well, the O's don't have to worry where he can play. He may be a fluke and fall off the cliff. However, he's been hitting the ball well for almost 2 months (in his case ST counts), so maybe the O's will be able to find a place to hide him defensively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought he made some difficult plays during the Miami series and almost turned an impossible DP. Does anyone think Cabrera is an upgrade over Jimmy? I think Jimmy must have been putting in some work because he looked more comfortable to me.

There's a reason they call it the hot corner. You don't really get to pick your hop and it's a longer/tougher throw. If we're thinking long term with Parades, I wanna see him in LF or RF. But that's for ST next year.

I agree completely.

Was that yesterday he missed the GB and Palmer said he likes him at first base next year? I think he could probably handle second given more time. I'd probably go with him over Cabrera at this point. I think that fast IF in Miami might have made him look a bit worse than he is.

Was that yesterday he missed the GB and Palmer said he likes him at first base next year? I think he could probably handle second given more time. I'd probably go with him over Cabrera at this point. I think that fast IF in Miami might have made him look a bit worse than he is.

i didn't see the missed play. Was it an error or just a ball he should have had?

Archived