Grant Balfour DFAed by Tampa (Orioles Took a Beating)

Crazysilver03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we don't know for sure that the shoulder issues our medical staff identified are the cause of Balfour's poor pitching and loss of velocity the last two years. But the odds are pretty good that there's a direct link. I'm ready to call it a win for our medical staff.

I guess we don't know for sure that the shoulder issues our medical staff identified are the cause of Balfour's poor pitching and loss of velocity the last two years. But the odds are pretty good that there's a direct link. I'm ready to call it a win for our medical staff.

Let us know when you do ;). Schadenfreude ist sehr gemutlichkeit ish! :D But moral bucket list is foundering....:slytf:

Let us know when you do ;). Schadenfreude ist sehr gemutlichkeit ish! :D But moral bucket list is foundering....:slytf:
Balfour said his arm felt better than his radar gun readings looked, that he tough he should have been clocking 92-93 when it said 88-91. As a result, he acknowledged, "I've been shying away from using my fastball as much.''

He had the same issues much of last season.

Yay Science.

I'm not trying to debate that he has a physical issue. I even said in the 2nd post that it IS a legit possibility. And in the original I never said we were wrong not to sign him and I never said it was the wrong reasons. All I was saying is that we don't have proof yet that he's injured... only that he's not as good as he was. Whether that's injury or not is simply speculation. Evidence points in the direction that there's a good chance he's hurt.

But I was glad we didn't sign him when the failed physical came to light.

I was on my tablet which makes me very brusque in my posts. My intent was not to be argumentative but merely to reinforce the idea that he was damaged goods.

His velocity was down at the end of the 2013 season if I recall correctly.

Jim Duquette told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with Balfour...That it was simply Angelos trying to get him cheap. I told him that he may have been right 10 years ago.

I enjoy listening to Jim Duquette on the radio. I am glad his cousin is the GM now, and not Jim.

Didn't he mouth off to Cash earlier in the season?

I am betting part of the reason why they shipped him off so early is that he was a disruption in the clubhouse with the new manager.

Maybe, but I'm guessing it had even more to do with the fact that he'd have to get a lot better just to be as bad as he was last season. Was in the car last night, listening to him meltdown on the Rays radio network, and the announcers went as far as to say that it was difficult to watch him pitch now, and the only way he could hope to get guys out was to throw a pitch that would break out of the zone. Everything else was like BP.

I enjoy listening to Jim Duquette on the radio. I am glad his cousin is the GM now, and not Jim.

I also don't believe he has any inside sources that are worth a darn. He often talks about what is going on inside the warehouse as if he knows.

But I really don't think he does, regardless of what his last name is.

Archived