Homers, Adam and more

wildcard

The O's lead the majors with 19 homers in 12 games. They are on pace to hit 256 homers this year. So if they are on that kind of pace when its cold, what happens when it gets hot and the ball really starts to fly?

Adam Jones leads the AL in RBI (16), Batting Average (.457), OPS (1.338) and is tie for the lead in Runs with (12).

What is it about Jimmy Paredes and an Oriole uniform? His career OPS is .620 but he hit for an 818 OPS in 53 at bats with the O's last year. After 10 at bat he has an 1.100 OPS. It must be an Orange and Black fetish.

How do you give up 4 earned run when you are not even pitching? It happen to Chris Tillman. He is sitting in the dugout and its not even his day to pitch when MLB changed a ruling from an error to a hit that made Tillman's ERA balloon. How Snider can step in the wrong direction, have the ball go off the top of his glove and Tillman gets charged with the runs in pretty weird.

There is something about the O's putting pitchers on the trade market that makes them better. Jimenez has not given up a run in 10 innings and Matusz has a 2.08 ERA in the first two weeks. Both were widely rumored to be available to anyone that would take their contracts.

The Power of the Buck. He made Jordan Baker disappear yesterday. Orioles Magic, see it Happen!

If the first two weeks is this much fun, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

It's great that the O's have hit 19 homers already, but I don't expect them to continue at that pace, even though the weather will heat up. But it's been a good first two weeks for the offense.

True, but I dont believe its unreasonable to expect them to be near the top of the league, when the season is over.

It's great that the O's have hit 19 homers already, but I don't expect them to continue at that pace, even though the weather will heat up. But it's been a good first two weeks for the offense.

I predicted the O's would hit 223 homers this year. So I agree, 256 is a little much.

True, but I dont believe its unreasonable to expect them to be near the top of the league, when the season is over.
I predicted the O's would hit 223 homers this year. So I agree, 256 is a little much.

No reason at all to think they won't be at or near the top of the league. 223 is probably higher than I would go, but they are off to a much better start than last year when they hit 9 homers in their first 12 games and still ended up with 211, so who's to say?

Archived