What is wrong with Bud Norris?

Diehard_O's_Fan

What in the world is wrong with Bud Norris? He is absolutely killing the team right now. The

Orioles need to win and I would be tempted to release him right now. The Orioles have

lots of better starting pitcher options than Bud. I hope Buck does not tolerate Bud

pitching bad for much longer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What in the world is wrong with Bud Norris? He is absolutely killing the team right now. The

Orioles need to win and I would be tempted to release him right now. The Orioles have

lots of better starting pitcher options than Bud. I hope Buck does not tolerate Bud

pitching bad for much longer.

Really? Release him? Chen is killing the team too, should he be released also?

He is a dumpster fire. Give me anyone other than him right now. Preferably Gausman.

To be fair, he has faced a tough Jays lineup twice. He did only slightly below average against a decent NY lineup.

Still, we'd expect much better from him. I think the team gives him one or two more starts to figure things out. If he can't improve, it's time to send him to the bullpen.

Kind of feel for the guy a bit. It's his walk year too, and this is definitely not the impression you want to make in that situation. Maybe the O's can sign him to a minor league deal next year.

To be fair, he has faced a tough Jays lineup twice. He did only slightly below average against a decent NY lineup.

Still, we'd expect much better from him. I think the team gives him one or two more starts to figure things out. If he can't improve, it's time to send him to the bullpen.

Kind of feel for the guy a bit. It's his walk year too, and this is definitely not the impression you want to make in that situation. Maybe the O's can sign him to a minor league deal next year.

His fastball command is A ball worthy.

He complained of back stiffness after his first spring start and has been mostly bad with a little bit of mediocre ever since. I agree, find out what's wrong and move him to the DL til he proves he is better. Tyler Wilson to the big leagues to start, or Gausman to start with Mike Wright in the pen.

Zero command right now and the stuff was never that good to survive without commanding it. It's a concern' date=' but what do you do? Chen has lost his velocity and is getting whenever he brings it over the plate. You can't send them all to the bullpen. Somebody has to pitch.[/quote']

That's why you start Gausman. He certainly hasn't pitched well enough to earn it but at least he has "upside" and "stuff."

All of a sudden, that "starting pitcher depth" seems to have gone by the wayside.

Just so frustrating because you could see him regressing this year from a mile away.

The Orioles need to start trading players after career years unless they're a lock to be a core player. Johnson, Scott, Davis, add Norris in there and probably Pearce. It seems like a spike in performance usually precedes a drop. I'm not ready to release Norris but switching him with Gausman wouldn't be the worst idea.

Archived