March 3 - At Dodgertown

beardbr

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? Is this a joke or hyberbole? I was unaware of anything regarding this. If it is a joke it is some very dry humor.

I am being completely serious. A team has to have at least four regulars for an away game in ST.

The Mets got in trouble the other day, because they only sent Ryan Church.

It's about time MLB started looking to enforce the "four regulars" rule after teams have gotten awfully lax about it the last few years. Fining the Mets in this case isn't absolutely necessary, but if MLB lets it know that the fines will come in the future, teams will begin to toe the line.

I am being completely serious. A team has to have at least four regulars for an away game in ST.

The Mets got in trouble the other day, because they only sent Ryan Church.

Interesting. I wonder how "regular" is defined. If it is anyone who would be on the 25 man, or were, then I would say Quiroz, Burres, Jones, Markakis, and Redman count. If you can't count pitchers then take out Burres. If you can't count backups then I think its a pretty unfair rule for a team that is rebuilding the O's

Interesting. I wonder how "regular" is defined. If it is anyone who would be on the 25 man, or were, then I would say Quiroz, Burres, Jones, Markakis, and Redman count. If you can't count pitchers then take out Burres. If you can't count backups then I think its a pretty unfair rule for a team that is rebuilding the O's
And the definition of "representative" was a "minimum" of four players who were regulars the previous year or had a "reasonable chance" of being regulars this season.

So that would rule out Quiroz, not sure about Redman.

It is also in reference to the line-up, not the pitching staff.

The Orioles have Markakis, Jones, Scott, Roberts, Mora, Millar, Huff, Hernandez, and Payton who could all fit the bill really though.

Archived