What would you trade for Josh Hamilton?

isestrex

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at the unanimous non-consideration from everyone. I'm not really sure I'm all that excited about the acquisition but I'm at least intrigued.

As someone has said, he's hit really well in Camden Yards and he still has at least some potential left. With the lineup looking a bit weak and lack of trust in Snider and De Aza, I'm surprised this isn't more of a discussion...

He's expensive, high risk and in decline since he was in Texas.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be honest with you guys I've been through similar problems as Josh and this would lead me to not touch him. It takes way too much in terms of time and resources to keep a guy like that clean.

I am not even worried about his issues. I just think he is not a good baseball player.

There are redemption stories and then there are very high maintenance stories. I think the Orioles try to avoid the latter, and as such, I wouldn't trade anything for him.

I am not certain that I really know any of the true redemption stories in baseball. The life style is rock star.

Buster Onley was hypothesizing on his podcast about possible destinations for Josh Hamilton (under the assumption that neither Josh nor the Angels want him to play another game for the organization).

He thought the Orioles would be a good fit because "Peter Angelos likes redemption stories".

So what would you offer for him and his contract?

Dr. Angelos says no thank you. He couldn't pass the physical.

Buster Onley was hypothesizing on his podcast about possible destinations for Josh Hamilton (under the assumption that neither Josh nor the Angels want him to play another game for the organization).

He thought the Orioles would be a good fit because "Peter Angelos likes redemption stories".

So what would you offer for him and his contract?

Wouldn't want him on the O's. He has problems that I don't believe the

O's need take on.

Archived