Orioles considered boycotting Tuesday's game in the Rogers Center due to turf

isestrex

Everything about the organization, players, and fans is low class so it's only fitting that the field is, too. Watching a game played on that field is depressing. It's worse than The Trop.

I know this is one of my idiosyncrasies, but I like that the SkyDome exists. I know the baseball world is a better place with two dozen OPACY clones than it was with two dozen circular Astroturfed multi-purpose sports arenas. But I think it would be a little bit better with some more variety. SkyDome is different, and I think that's good. But it wouldn't kill them to fix the turf.

Boycotting the game just makes them look like sore losers.

It would come across better if the Orioles had swept the series instead of being pummeled.

If Buster Posey gets hurt on that field, at least we'd know that MLB will take action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is one of my idiosyncrasies, but I like that the SkyDome exists. I know the baseball world is a better place with two dozen OPACY clones than it was with two dozen circular Astroturfed multi-purpose sports arenas. But I think it would be a little bit better with some more variety. SkyDome is different, and I think that's good. But it wouldn't kill them to fix the turf.

They tried to hire Dan to come real turf it and we would not permit it. It's Peter's fault.

Thanks for the link to the 1977 game story Drungo. Never heard that story before. I can only imagine the uproar on the internet if a manager forfeited a game while 2.5 games back this September. There'd be mayhem. What was the reaction of the local Baltimore media and fans at the time?

Thanks for the link to the 1977 game story Drungo. Never heard that story before. I can only imagine the uproar on the internet if a manager forfeited a game while 2.5 games back this September. There'd be mayhem. What was the reaction of the local Baltimore media and fans at the time?

I was listening to that game on our AM Radio when I was in 7th grade.

I remember thinking to myself that if the Orioles were up by a score of 4-0 instead of down 4-0, Earl wouldn't have done it.

I guess we'll never know for sure, but again, with the Orioles losing by a score of 4-0 in the 5th inning, I suspect that it was somewhat of a "We're losing" tantrum by Weaver...... although, it could be argued that it was somewhat unsafe to leave the tarpaulins on the field like they did.

When we protested the game and lost said protest, I remember reading about that in the Danbury News-Times newspaper, also. The A.L. President who rejected Earl Weaver's protest ??? None other than Lee MacPhail, Andy's father.

Archived