O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yes, my old man is still in Venice telling me how many rounds he's played in the past week.

Getting tired of Miguel Marquez say Candem Yards. Minor quibble, given the day.

Yeah. Was bad. This has become a spectator event.

Again, keeping out of the politics here, just wanted to comment that O's fans may want to prepare themselves for a long, protracted absence of Orioles baseball from Camden Yards. I really hope it doesn't go that route but given recent precedent and the position of Camden Yards in the heart of the city (only a few blocks away from the most beleaguered communities), I would not be surprised if no additional games are played there for a matter of days or weeks.

The ballpark is a very visible and easily accessible venue for the demonstrations and also unfortunately the small criminal element that is causing most of the problems. This could last quite a while. Some would say that given the huge amount of economic inequality in this town and some of the truly awful conditions, it's surprising that it's taken this long to happen. Again, not trying to make a political statement -- you can blame a variety of different factors for some of the conditions in this city that have been existing for decades. But let's recognize that they exist.

Again, keeping out of the politics here, just wanted to comment that O's fans may want to prepare themselves for a long, protracted absence of Orioles baseball from Camden Yards. I really hope it doesn't go that route but given recent precedent and the position of Camden Yards in the heart of the city (only a few blocks away from some of the most vocal communities), I would not be surprised no additional games are played for a matter of days or weeks.

Yeah. I doubt that. In fact. It won't happen. And we don't need to use the terms vocal communities.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brandon McCarthy out for year with torn UCL.

McCarthy was 3-0 for LAD this season, but had allowed 9 HR in 23 IP</p>— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="

">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived