O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Last night, the Bullets did something that they had never done before in their entire 5t-year franchise history (1961-61 through the present.)

They swept a best-of-7 game series.

Previously, the only sweeps that the Bullets had ever gotten were mini series sweeps (best-of-3 series), the last of which was in the 1981-82 season when they swept the New Jersey 2 games to 0.

I wonder what you people closer to the city think about all this but as a foreigner I find the Baltimore City management to be pretty unimpressive. It's a bad situation but they look ineffectual.

How you can let people just all drive up and loot a mall without any police trying to stop it is unbelievable to me. That was embarrassing.

Responsible adults marching hand in hand in a nonviolent protest against the protesters would be a beautiful thing. But wow is it dangerous suggesting people take to the streets to fight this. Great thing if it happens but I hope everyone stays cool.

Councilman Brandon Scott called for the adult citizens to join him out on the streets taking the neighborhoods back and standing their ground against the looting "Thug cowards."
The Mayor used the same term, “Too many people have spent generations building up this city for it to be destroyed by thugs, who in a very senseless way are trying to tear down what so many have fought for.”

How you can let people just all drive up and loot a mall without any police trying to stop it is unbelievable to me. That was embarrassing.

That we are all safeguarded by our govt (police) from bad people is a fallacy. An illusion. Society starts to break down when that illusion flickers.

I wonder what you people closer to the city think about all this but as a foreigner I find the Baltimore City management to be pretty unimpressive. It's a bad situation but they look ineffectual.

Just watched the mayor's press conference on CNN. Shocking…..totally amateur press conference. One guy actually told adults to get out on the streets tonight to try and confront the rioters, and talk sense to them. Genius. I worry it's going to be a bad bad night…..I really hope not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB commish Manfred: will make a decision as soon as tonite regarding rest of <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@orioles</a> v ChiSox series. Prefer to keep games in Balto. Day?</p>— Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="

">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Day Games in Baltimore.

Looks like no home games at all this week, at least at night.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake declared a week-long curfew to be in effect from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in the city in an effort to curb further violence and rioting. This curfew is in addition to the juvenile curfew already in effect for the city.
source - Baltimore CBS

Archived