Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

I know Buck is supposed to met with Angelos and discuss options.

Baseball commish was in town last night, so pretty sure, he will be a part of the talk.

105.7 suggested a day game today at 1:05, to clear the fans out of the city before nightfall and the kids off the street before the curfew.

Makes sense.

Personally, I don't see them doing a double header today.

For now, we sit and wait, and speculate.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not be surprised if Baltimore plays a "home" game when they visit Chicago. I don't know how quickly they can switch tonight's game to an earlier start. Maybe a 4 or 5 o'clock start depending on what is happening in the city? I would imagine staffing, concessions, etc is difficult on short notice.

I wonder if the city school kids get in for free if it is a day game. Schools are closed in the city

No political commentary here, just want to state a fact: a large number of city school kids were the instigators last night. I would think that it would be a terribly bad idea to just let them pile in for free. Potentially thousands of them gathered together in a relatively tight space may lead to some significant problems.

There are some really tough calls that the O's/MLB/Baltimore City need to make today.

I would not be surprised if Baltimore plays a "home" game when they visit Chicago. I don't know how quickly they can switch tonight's game to an earlier start. Maybe a 4 or 5 o'clock start depending on what is happening in the city? I would imagine staffing, concessions, etc is difficult on short notice.

At this point I don't think they are even slightly concerned with any of the things you mention above. They are not trying to make money right now or even care if there is anyone in the stadium. They just have to get the games played due to the logistics of the schedule.

Agreed, but my perception is that some of the violence was that occurred had high schoolers involved. Unfortunate happenings can result from the best of intentions. Free with adult supervision??

I did mean with adult supervision. The younger ones and also maybe with a free ticket they can do some type of community service. Clean up and stuff.

They just have to get the games played due to the logistics of the schedule.

I would not be surprised if MLB is contemplating playing the game with no public access. It's the safest option right now and with good weather and both teams here, they really need to find a way to squeeze this in. I stated in a previous thread that there is actually precedent for this (although not with the MLB).

Archived