Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be shocked if that wasn't the case.

Still can't believe it is closed to the public. That will be crazy to watch!

I guess, they are worried about food staff and ushers to work the crowds and also the police protection needed, which takes away from their other locations.

That's a solution.....it will certainly look like a ST scrimmage. Have to go back to the OLD radio with the ticker tape in the background and announcers creating sound effects. I think players are more into the game with crowd noise. I expect a very different kind of game.

That's a solution.....it will certainly look like a ST scrimmage. Have to go back to the OLD radio with the ticker tape in the background and announcers creating sound effects. I think players are more into the game with crowd noise. I expect a very different kind of game.

Bob Uecker in Major Leagues comes to my bat, when they have to make sounds for the radio broadcast.

Any chance one of the series supposed to be played in Tampa will be switched to Baltimore?

In fairness, it probably should, but then their fans would get screwed. Can't see that happening, even if there are only about 500 people that show up there.

There have been cases in Europe where teams were being punished for something like racists incidents in the crowd where they were forced to play games without a crowd. But I don't think I've ever heard of this in MLB, or any North American sport. Well... not on purpose. I'm sure there were some St. Louis Browns games in the 30s that drew dozens of fans, and two-bit indy leagues with teams ready to fold up shop with essentially no one coming to games.

Shouldn't be that hard, just you and some of your Oriole Floridan fans. :)

No question about which 3 game series will draw the smallest crowd for the Orioles this year. They are taking a financial bath this week, moving 3 games to the Trop and reducing 3 admissions vs. the White Sox to the one double-header.

Archived