Triple A

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zach Davies, the 5th-youngest player in the IL, enters play tonight ranked 8th in the league with a 1.80 ERA. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Tides Notes (@TidesNotes) <a href="

">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zach Davies, the 5th-youngest player in the IL, enters play tonight ranked 8th in the league with a 1.80 ERA. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Tides Notes (@TidesNotes) <a href="
">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Him, Tyler WIlson and Mike Wright (when he comes back) all pitching well....some good bullpen arms too!

It's nice, but we're talking about 15 innings of work. If Davies is still in the top 10 in ERA at mid-season, I'll get more excited about it. He's certainly off to a nice start.

I will say, though, that I didn't realize he was the 5th-youngest player in the IL.

I gotta get something off my chest. Almanzar is not good. He looks terrible in Norfolk. Everytime I see him, he is swinging at balls nowhere near his bat. He just struck out on 3 bad pitches with the winning run 90 feet away. Painful to watch. I don't really trust our assessment of players from the Rule 5 draft:)

I gotta get something off my chest. Almanzar is not good. He looks terrible in Norfolk. Everytime I see him, he is swinging at balls nowhere near his bat. He just struck out on 3 bad pitches with the winning run 90 feet away. Painful to watch. I don't really trust our assessment of players from the Rule 5 draft:)

I saw Almanzar last spring. He looked great to me then.

We must be looking at 2 different players. His sub .240 average tends to agree with me.

He looks extremely toolsy to me. Like Jason Werth used to. Or Jose Bautista. Looks like he could generate massive power some day. Long torso. Long Arms.

Archived