Zach Davies is pitching his butt off

wildcard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31 we were 1 game out of the second wild card spot. How do you not do anything and be able to look the players on the team in the face? Toronto had just gone out and added Tulo and Price and we are going to sit there and twiddle our thumbs. Great message to the players.

Davies is ranked as Mil. number 11 prospect.

Because as the GM, you are paid to keep the team competitive for years to come. You need to focus on both the short term and long term.

I would have realized we didn't have the pieces to compete with the Jays or Royals. I would have looked at our record against teams above .500 and saw the writing on the wall.

I would have realized I only had once chance to get a "hull" of prospects for the future.

That is how I would have justified it.

Most fans think DD is the guy? Really? I am not sure I agree with you there. I don't think most fans are sure anymore. Not sure where you are getting that from.

Are you the slightest bit concerned we are trading the few prospects we do have when we are near the bottom of MLB in farm system rankings?

Would I like the team to have a better farm, yes. But at the same time we keep turning out major league ready pieces.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Why do people give DD all the credit for the playoff appearances? He didn't even acquire most of the core. Out of AM, DD and Buck, DD deserves the least amount of credit for the playoff appearances.

No one is giving DD all the credit. But plenty of people are giving DD all the blame.

No one is giving DD all the credit. But plenty of people are giving DD all the blame.

Who didn't replace Cruz's bat? Who traded Jake for Feldman? Who traded for Travis freaking Snider? Who traded for Parra when we should have been sellers?

Sometimes, you got to accept responsibility for your actions. I don't think DD is terrible, but he has a lot to prove going into this offseason.

Most fans think DD is the guy? Really? I am not sure I agree with you there. I don't think most fans are sure anymore. Not sure where you are getting that from.

Are you the slightest bit concerned we are trading the few prospects we do have when we are near the bottom of MLB in farm system rankings?

I don't know if the rankings are meaningful. Seems like teams bounce up and down based on the whims of a handful of guys. Meanwhile, totally underrated prospects show up out of nowhere and contribute.

Everyone's opinion, and a lot of results, change if Dylan Bundy and Hunter Harvey are healthy. Their health means far more to the long term competitiveness of this team than all the EdRods and Davies of the world put together.

I don't know if the rankings are meaningful. Seems like teams bounce up and down based on the whims of a handful of guys. Meanwhile, totally underrated prospects show up out of nowhere and contribute.

Everyone's opinion, and a lot of results, change if Dylan Bundy and Hunter Harvey are healthy. Their health means far more to the long term competitiveness of this team than all the EdRods and Davies of the world put together.

Very true, but very lopsided farm system if they are healthy.

Let's be frank. Harvey we may still have something. If Bundy ever plays a whole year, I will choke on my pudding.

Who didn't replace Cruz's bat? Who traded Jake for Feldman? Who traded for Travis freaking Snider? Who traded for Parra when we should have been sellers?

Sometimes, you got to accept responsibility for your actions. I don't think DD is terrible, but he has a lot to prove going into this offseason.

DD should have built up a bit more good will with the fans, for the previous 3+ years of moves that worked.

Does he have blame this season, of course, and he has been the first to admit he has.

But, one bad season, should dispelled all the good.

I think a lot of the credit goes to AM.

He wasn't there though. He made some very good changes building up to the playoff run, but he wasn't employed when the Orioles had their first winning season in forever. DD made the finishing moves, and I agree with Rene88, Buck gets the majority of credit for changing the atmosphere in the clubhouse.

I like that MacPhail is getting more love these days but let's not make it like a lot of fans didn't want to get rid of him at the time. They did. We could be looking back the same way on Duquette if he gets canned. Which he might.

DD should have built up a bit more good will with the fans, for the previous 3+ years of moves that worked.

Does he have blame this season, of course, and he has been the first to admit he has.

But, one bad season, should dispelled all the good.

Good points. Syd Thrift had a GREAT career with the Pirates. Does that make his senile moves with the Orioles worthwhile?

Only so many GM jobs in baseball. What have you done for me lately?

I am not calling for his head. I am saying, I am concerned he still doesn't "get it". This offseason will tell us a great deal.

So basically a mistake per year average before this year. Sure he has mistakes. And he has successes.

And ironically, a lot of people are pushing for moves that will be a mistake a year or two from now.

So basically a mistake per year average before this year. Sure he has mistakes. And he has successes.

And ironically, a lot of people are pushing for moves that will be a mistake a year or two from now.

Good perspective sir. They are some big misses I will argue, bur fair enough.

I didn't follow on your last point-what moves did you think people are pushing for that might be bad? (giving MW a QO?)

Internet posters aren't held accountable, you know that. ;)

Archived