CSN Baltimore: Zach Britton Is Angry With Tampa Bay

weams

I agree with Zach and don't mind him saying this. The only thing is you can't expect Tampa to give up a future series they've already sold tickets for in exchange for a last minute series for which fans will have about two days of notice. If not for that though, I would expect the Rays to do the swap, not try to steal 3 extra home games.

I believe that teams split attendance revenues with the home team getting a larger percentage. 60/40 is what I remember reading somewhere, but I'm not sure. Given the attendance differential, conceivably Tampa Bay could earn more as the visiting team in Baltimore than the home team in TB, so it's not a case of "stealing" anything. Home team advantage on the field is a different issue.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two years later, and you people are still wrong with this diatribe. The NFL strong armed MLB and the Orioles, the White Sox wouldn't agree to the move, since you know, it takes two teams to play a game, and the Orioles were willing to do what they could. But I guess your agenda knows no limits. :rolleyes:

Yet there is no problem starting games at 11 AM in Boston. The Orioles didn't want to do anything for the Ravens. I am not saying it is their fault but they have a terrible relationship with the Nationals and the commissioner. The logical thing to do is have the games in DC. If they did the games would be packed and the fans would be rooting for the Orioles.

Well as rather playing in an empty stadium Zachary needs to realize the fans pay his salary and keep the stadium open. If he would rather play in front of no one there are beer leagues he can join.

The Rays have concert scheduled for one of those games. The Orioles couldn't even start a game earlier to let the Ravens have their Super Bowl celebration game. Nationals stadium would have been a better choice. But with all city workers,having to report to work, kids going to school, I don't see why they don't play the games in Baltimore. Eventually they wI'll have to play in Baltimore again.

I have to say the Orioles seem to have burned their bridges with just about everyone.

Why do you even follow this team when, according to you, and wrongly I might add, all they do is screw up?

If things had gone the way a lot of us wanted, they would not have given up a home series. They would have come here for a later series and been the "home team" whilst here, with the larger gate cut. Considering their attendance versus ours and how much more revenue would have been generated for them, I'm honestly surprised that they weren't all over that option.

That would really piss off a lot of people. They have season ticket holders. Plus, they are trying to get the city of St. Pete's permission to look for other stadium sites in the Tampa Bay area, not just in St. Pete. The political hit and loss of season ticket holders would not be worth the one-time gain.

Yet there is no problem starting games at 11 AM in Boston. The Orioles didn't want to do anything for the Ravens. I am not saying it is their fault but they have a terrible relationship with the Nationals and the commissioner. The logical thing to do is have the games in DC. If they did the games would be packed and the fans would be rooting for the Orioles.

Enough already.

We get it, you are unlucky, heck, most of us are unhappy.

Deal with it and move on.

:deadhorse:

Your original post laid blame with the Os. And now you are saying the opposite. Got it.

So they can always hold the games. The schools and libraries will be open. Do you want to suggest the players safety is more important than school childrens and teachers? Also there will be no announcement on Friday.

What is your problem? Get over it. They have to go to Tampa. Win the games.

Doesn't matter where it is played. If you want to be angry then direct the anger

toward the rioters not the O's.

Doesn't matter where it is played. If you want to be angry then direct the anger

I am just glad to be watching some baseball, at least, they will be playing.

I don't think that he was "whining." His family might be in California, but his baseball family is right here in Baltimore.

This. It sounded to me like he was frustrated more about Tampa Bay not being willing to swap a home for an away series instead of forcing us into false home games. I'm a bit peeved at the neighborly behavior of the Gnats. I'm more convinced than ever that the Learners are aiming to ruin the Orioles as a viable business.

Your original post laid blame with the Os. And now you are saying the opposite. Got it.

I said the Orioles have burned their bridges. I didn't say there wasn't a reason for doing it but it just always seem to be them against the world.

Why do you even follow this team when, according to you, and wrongly I might add, all they do is screw up?

I can't follow the team because the management does things wrong from time to time? Are you trying to say I am wrong about the league not being the biggest Oriole fans? Hold your breath for an all star game. I am sure they will be awarding us anyway now.

I am angry at the rioters. I am also unhappy that the city decided that my wife had to work every day this week. I dont like being under curfew either but I understand why they are doing it.

Archived