How are you feeling about the 4th place O's after April?

wildcard

So far I feel pretty good about the O's. I still think they win the AL East. I haven't seen another team that scares me.

In spite of not signing Cruz or Markakis the O's offense is leading the AL in runs per game, homers, slugging and OPS. They are third in batting average and OBP. I will take that all year along.

Adam Jones is battling Cruz for MVP honors. Adam leading the AL in average (.400) and is one stinking point behind Cruz in OPS. He is second in slugging and third in OBP. Wow, just Wow.

Davis, Joseph, Manny, Paredes who has taken over DH, Young who is seeing more time in right field all have had good offensive Aprils. Cabrera and Navarro are filling in well but will both probably be sent to AAA when Hardy and Flaherty are healthy some time around May 8th. No one has claimed leftfield to date.

The pitching has not been good but I think it will improve. Three things that would have lost me a lot of money is if I had bet on how Ubaldo would have pitched (5th in AL in ERA), Paredes would have hit and how many errors Manny would have had at this point. He has 5 so far.

Ubaldo, Gonzo and Chen are doing well. I refuse to think the Tillman is as bad as his numbers. Four of those runs should be unearned on Snider's play that was an error before MLB changed it. Bud's good last outing does not take him off the bubble. He has to pitch consistently well to hold his spot.

I have a lot of faith in the pen in spite of their numbers. Britton, O'Day, Hunter and Brach will do well IMO. Matusz is fine as long as he pitches vs lefties. I am counting on that Gausman continues to do well as he has done over his last three outings.

The O's 13th in team fielding. That will get better. Its has to.

What are you think about the O's at this point?

I think the offense will slow down a bit, but still be among the best in the game. The pitching and defense will improve greatly. I think we win the division by 5+ games. Toronto and Boston both have horrible pitching staffs and defenses from what I've seen. Tampa Bay can't hit and the Yankees will finish below .500.

I'm pretty satisfied so far, the hitting has been great. The pitching has been spotty but if you take out Bud Norris, team era drops to 3.97. The Blue Jays have had our number so far but they're 9-5 against everyone else.

Fine and dandy! 10-10. .500 We haven't pitched particularly well. The defense has been uncharacteristically bad. The offense is showing signs of life. We're MUCH better than we've shown. To the MOON, Alice!

They're 10-10. That's just ok. I'm happily surprised by Davis, Paredes, Jimenez and Joseph. I'm a bit upset about Tillman, Pearse and Norris. It's true. No team is strong enough to blow away the competition. Tampa bay has played better than expected and the Yanks and Sawx have no pitching. Napoli, Beltran, ARod and Papi are in decline mode and as the season drags on they'll be less productive. The Os, on the other hand, will have a fresh Hardy and Wieters in late May.

So far I feel pretty good about the O's. I still think they win the AL East. I haven't seen another team that scares me.

In spite of not signing Cruz or Markakis the O's offense is leading the AL in runs per game, homers, slugging and OPS. They are third in batting average and OBP. I will take that all year along.

Adam Jones is battling Cruz for MVP honors. Adam leading the AL in average (.400) and is one stinking point behind Cruz in OPS. He is second in slugging and third in OBP. Wow, just Wow.

Davis, Joseph, Manny, Paredes who has taken over DH, Young who is seeing more time in right field all have had good offensive Aprils. Cabrera and Navarro are filling in well but will both probably be sent to AAA when Hardy and Flaherty are healthy some time around May 8th. No one has claimed leftfield to date.

The pitching has not been good but I think it will improve. Three things that would have lost me a lot of money is if I had bet on how Ubaldo would have pitched (5th in AL in ERA), Paredes would have hit and how many errors Manny would have had at this point. He has 5 so far.

Ubaldo, Gonzo and Chen are doing well. I refuse to think the Tillman is as bad as his numbers. Four of those runs should be unearned on Snider's play that was an error before MLB changed it. Bud's good last outing does not take him off the bubble. He has to pitch consistently well to hold his spot.

I have a lot of faith in the pen in spite of their numbers. Britton, O'Day, Hunter and Brach will do well IMO. Matusz is fine as long as he pitches vs lefties. I am counting on that Gausman continues to do well as he has done over his last three outings.

The O's 13th in team fielding. That will get better. Its has to.

What are you think about the O's at this point?[/quote.

I am feeling pretty good about them. Not worried.

Archived