Tampa Bay Times article on O's home series at the Trop

mdbdotcom

Here's a link.

The Rays' operations staff will stage the games generically, playing walk-up/intro music for players on both teams, skipping their usual sponsor and video board promotions and emcee-driven efforts to pump up fans. Both teams will have mascots present; the Orioles will pick first-pitch honorees.

About 18,000 tickets are available ($15 tonight and Sunday, $18 Saturday), with general admission seating in the lower bowl. The Orioles get all the revenue and will reimburse the Rays for the expenses, including mobilizing about 700 game-day staffers. Attendance counts for the Orioles, some degree ? cue what's been a steady stream of jokes ? higher than Wednesday's fan-less game in Baltimore.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. I think that's REAL classy by them. I just winner what kind of backlash there will be, if any, if the Orioles somehow got swept.

My question.

Would you guys rather see them play at home without fans for a couple more games or away with fans?

Yea. I think that's REAL classy by them. I just winner what kind of backlash there will be, if any, if the Orioles somehow got swept.

My question.

Would you guys rather see them play at home without fans for a couple more games or away with fans?

From what I am hearing from my friends, at these prices, lot of Oriole Floridians will be there.

Reading the article and seeing what Longoria said

It appears that the Rays are doing everything right in this difficult situation.

Pretty sure everything would including trading dates.

It's pretty easy to be magnanimous when you are getting three extra home games at the expense of a division rival.

Pretty sure everything would including trading dates.

It's pretty easy to be magnanimous when you are getting three extra home games at the expense of a division rival.

Did the Rays deny the request to switch too.

Or was it just MLB decision to deny?

Did the Rays deny the request to switch too.

Or was it just MLB decision to deny?

From what I read the other day they did. I don't know if that information has been publicly disseminated.

If the Rays had come out and made a statement expressing their willingness to do so how could MLB have turned them down?

Of course if I was in their shoes I wouldn't switch dates either. Three extra home games is a nice advantage to have.

From what I read the other day they did. I don't know if that information has been publicly disseminated.

If the Rays had come out and made a statement expressing their willingness to do so how could MLB have turned them down?

Of course if I was in their shoes I wouldn't switch dates either. Three extra home games is a nice advantage to have.

I doubt many teams in MLB would want to move games and anger fans who already had tickets purchased and maybe even travel plans in place.

Suckee position to be in.

From an Oriole point, less lost 3 games, but if they were kept at home and made up into double headers, they would have still suffered $$$$$ loss.

The players dont like double headers and from what I hear, the day night split double header and they empty the stands, even less, since it makes for a very long day for them.

Archived