Fangraphs: Brady Anderson and Analytics.

weams

I think there is some stuff to go on with Brady at this point. In the grand scheme of things, you are right that it is still probably "fairly little", but enough has been written about his contributions in a multitude of areas that I think we can at least have some idea.

Yea. Truthfully, you often make a hire with less than full knowledge of the person you're hiring. You can't know with any certainty how the person is going to interact with everyone on a day-to-day basis. You think you know about his technical chops, his resume, his ability to interview. But until they actually start doing the job you're never 100% sure what you're getting. Of course you're a little more sure with a guy who has a long track record in a very public position - say, if you hired Jim Bowden or Jack Zduriencik or something.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's probably no way for an outsider to the organization to know whether Brady would be a good GM or not, and in some respects, nobody knows until the person is actually given the job. That said, Brady has a lot of the tools you'd like to see.

Of course you're a little more sure with a guy who has a long track record in a very public position - say, if you hired Jim Bowden or Jack Zduriencik or something.

You would know with Jim Bowden that you have a sneaky, should have been indicted, criminal minded guy. And with The REAL JZ...well...I don't know too many smart guys who would want him for a GM.

I wonder what the risk of losing Brady to a GM job at another team after grooming him here for several years?

I wouldn't think that high. He said at FanFest during the height of the DD rumors that he wasn't going anywhere and essentially that he would always be an Oriole.

I wouldn't think that high. He said at FanFest during the height of the DD rumors that he wasn't going anywhere and essentially that he would always be an Oriole.

And while I appreciate him saying those words, I've been around sports through too many decades and know that sometimes these things get said, because it's expected, and not because that's truly what's going on.

And while I appreciate him saying those words, I've been around sports through too many decades and know that sometimes these things get said, because it's expected, and not because that's truly what's going on.

No doubt. I still don't think you are going to see Brady jumping to the front of any lists of up-and-coming GMs, at least not in the immediate future. And that would be fine by me.

I hope you knocked wood before hitting "send". Posts like that always remind me of John Unitas in a Chargers uniform.

John never asked to go. No. Brady is here as long as the Angelos family wants him. No need to knock.

I liked this quote the best. Brady is more than just the workout guy.

Sabermetrics continually evolve, and attempt to come up with the best ways to measure production and value. It drives me crazy when people act like there needs to be some division between sabermetricians and those known as “baseball guys.”

I liked this quote the best. Brady is more than just the workout guy.

Sabermetrics continually evolve, and attempt to come up with the best ways to measure production and value. It drives me crazy when people act like there needs to be some division between sabermetricians and those known as “baseball guys.”

Me too. He really gets it.

Archived