The Time to Make a Decision on Chris Davis is Now

brianod

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, extend Davis. All the O's need to do is find a way to trick him into signing a contract without Boras knowing. Maybe put the signature page in front of him when he's giving out autographs?

Seriously, good question whether it would be in the O's interest, in light of other 1B options (Pearce, Walker, maybe Wieters if he's not able to catch much) but also an academic one.

Sure, extend Davis. All the O's need to do is find a way to trick him into signing a contract without Boras knowing. Maybe put the signature page in front of him when he's giving out autographs?

Seriously, good question whether it would be in the O's interest, in light of other 1B options (Pearce, Walker, maybe Wieters if he's not able to catch much) but also an academic one.

wieters is another Boras client.

Davis is hitting 263, 337, 513 with 5 hrs and 17 rbis. This in an ops of .849 and he projects out to hit 35 home runs and 120 rbis.

If the Orioles want to resign him, now is the time to do it. If he meets these projections, I don't think we'll be able to afford him. For all I know, the decision has been made and that decision is to let him go. But, if not, I don't think the Orioles have the luxury of waiting until the end of the season because I do expect him to do this for an entire season.

Boras cleint, next thread please.

I don't know how you can conclude that. Adam had about 5 years of service when he signed his 6 year contract.

He had a little over four years of service when he signed his deal. 4.139 years, to be exact. Manny will be at 3.056 after this season. I think he'll be harder to sign than Jones. AJ loves being an Oriole. Manny loves being Manny.

He had a little over four years of service when he signed his deal. 4.139 years, to be exact. Manny will be at 3.056 after this season. I think he'll be harder to sign than Jones. AJ loves being an Oriole. Manny loves being Manny.

He signed on May 26th. You have to add about 56 days. He makes him passed the 5 year mark.

Boras cleint, next thread please.

I get where you are coming from, but what is the harm in asking? If you ask out the most popular girl in school, she might say yes but if you don't ask her, she'll never say yes...

I just hope AJ loves being an Oriole a year from now if he's seen Cruz, Miller, Markakis, Chen, Wieters, Davis, Norris, Matusz, De Aza, and Hunter leave within two years (and that's assuming Pearce and O'Day return). Our 2016 roster will only vaguely resemble the team he's won with. Duquette could do a brilliant job with the resources he has available and still have fans trying to ship him to Canada because of the name power that's likely departing this offseason. Going to be a rough offseason, particularly if he slow plays a number of positions, as he has done before. But I agree with others, none of our Boras guys will extend at this point. However, I think it is worth making the effort (for all three) for the sole purpose of keeping up good relations with Boras. Washington has signed a number of his clients and we irked him by not playing Wieters at DH (which was a nonsense position). We may not have a prayer at extending these guys, but we'll be working with Boras again in the future. Gotta keep him looking good with his clients (even if he is the devil).

I just hope AJ loves being an Oriole a year from now if he's seen Cruz, Miller, Markakis, Chen, Wieters, Davis, Norris, Matusz, De Aza, and Hunter leave within two years (and that's assuming Pearce and O'Day return). Our 2016 roster will only vaguely resemble the team he's won with. Duquette could do a brilliant job with the resources he has available and still have fans trying to ship him to Canada because of the name power that's likely departing this offseason. Going to be a rough offseason, particularly if he slow plays a number of positions, as he has done before. But I agree with others, none of our Boras guys will extend at this point. However, I think it is worth making the effort (for all three) for the sole purpose of keeping up good relations with Boras. Washington has signed a number of his clients and we irked him by not playing Wieters at DH (which was a nonsense position). We may not have a prayer at extending these guys, but we'll be working with Boras again in the future. Gotta keep him looking good with his clients (even if he is the devil).

Might as well just jump off a cliff now. I'm confident we'll have a competitive team next season, even if a lot of the names are new.

Archived