The Time to Make a Decision on Chris Davis is Now

brianod

Might as well just jump off a cliff now. I'm confident we'll have a competitive team next season, even if a lot of the names are new.

I think you are right.

If the team is competitive under Buck, then I believe they can work out a deal with AJ.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might as well just jump off a cliff now. I'm confident we'll have a competitive team next season, even if a lot of the names are new.

I agree. I'm prepared for a very different roster in 2016. I expect only two or three of our FAs to return. We still have a good base, but the name power of the players will take a decent hit and that will unsettle a lot of fans.

Just curious, how many noteworthy Scott Boras free agents have we signed in the past? I'm struggling to remember any.

Look at the track history of all the other Boras clients.

I say we don't just give up, I say give fair offers to those who we want to keep. If fair offers are rejected, so be it. Offering costs us nothing and may even be beneficial for the performance this year or give us a chance in the offseason.

I agree. I'm prepared for a very different roster in 2016. I expect only two or three of our FAs to return. We still have a good base, but the name power of the players will take a decent hit and that will unsettle a lot of fans.

Just curious, how many noteworthy Scott Boras free agents have we signed in the past?

Sad to say the business side of things, you will rarely see a player drafted by a team, get promoted by that team, and finish his pro career with that team.

I say we don't just give up, I say give fair offers to those who we want to keep. If fair offers are rejected, so be it. Offering costs us nothing and may even be beneficial for the performance this year or give us a chance in the offseason.

I doubt DD will give up, but don't expect DD to shake at his knees and cave into Boras either.

Just curious, how many noteworthy Scott Boras free agents have we signed in the past? I'm struggling to remember any.

"Only" two or three? I would be shocked if we re-sign more than one. I am fine with rebuilding, it is the Oriole Way.

"Only" two or three? I would be shocked if we re-sign more than one. I am fine with rebuilding, it is the Oriole Way.

I think Pearce and O'Day are decent possibilities to return. Hunter could return too (not that I'd be pumped up about that). I assume De Aza and Matusz are near locks to go elsewhere, for different reasons. I think all three Boras guys are gone. Norris will probably cost too much as well. Yeah, hard to imagine three or more of those guys, and one or two is most likely.

Wieters and Davis are long gone. Their extensions would have been signed by now.

I'm not surprised by Wieters leaving, he's overpaid and I see Joseph as better. Davis though, I would have thought would put the team and the city above going to a strange place and making a few million more. But a lot of young guys shut off their brains and their agents make all the life decisions for them.

I thought Davis was smarter than that. Guess I was wrong.

I don't think the Orioles are chomping at the bit to sign Davis to a long-term deal. Machado yes, Davis not so much. I expect the O's to give Davis a qualifying offer, go through the motions of "light" negotiating, and then watch Davis sign with another team.

If the team wins then all will be

Archived