Taking what I have seen from ST and past performance:
1) Grayson Rodriguez - He is not there yet but over the course of 2023 I think he become the staff ace. I am not even sure he makes the rotation to begin the season but he has the best stuff and makeup to be the O's best starter.
100 IP 3.50 ERA
2) DL Hall - He is changing from a thrower to a pitchers. His pitches are off the chart but he has to calm down. Still has to master his pitches from the stretch. Begins as AAA but he is likely to find his control early in the season. TOR Starter in the making.
100 IP 3.50 ERA
3) Kyle Bradish - Has the pitches and the durability. Will blow up now and then but overall he has he stuff to beat any team on a given day. Will be going deep in games soon. #2 stuff.
170 IP 3.28 ERA (like 2nd half)
4) Dean Kremer - Growing into a solid starter. His stuff is there. #3 Stuff
160 IP 3.23 ERA (like last year)
5) John Means - Former All Star just need to get healthy. See him in July. May be better in 2024 than in 2023. #3 stuff
75 IP 3.81 ERA (Career ERA)
6) Tyler Wells - He goes 5 inning and allow 1 run, he could be in the rotation to begin the season. Average fastball but he has 5 pitches. #4 starter stuff
130 IP 3.38 ERA (last year 1st half)
7) Cole Irvin - I have enjoyed watching him this spring but he is only facing AAA competition. I still need to understand why he had a 5.29 ERA away from Oakland Stadium. #5
Capable of 180 IP 4.20 ERA
8 Kyle Gibson - The O's defense, the Wall and Holt/Holmes coaching will help him but he is only a #5. Similar to Jordan Lyles. May be traded in July for a prospect.
100 IP 4.32 ERA
9) Spenser Watkins - Good backup starter who pitches better as a starter than a reliever. Will probably not see a lot of time in the majors.
Capable of 140 IP 4.17 ERA as a starter but will probably not get that opportunity in the majors.
10) Voth - Probably a mid/long reliever and swing man. Had a nice year as a starter for the O's last year.
3.04 ERA (like last season)
11) Bruce Zimmermann - Looks better this spring but I really can't place him after last years performance.
Have watched every game that's been on TV, whether by MASN or the other networks. Currently watching Pittsburgh Sportsnet broadcast. Have listened to every game but 2, followed the last Grayson Rodriguez game on Gameday which was incredibly tedious, as they didn't note each pitch, only the outcome of each at bat.
Before I met weams, I used to say I'd never meet anyone who'd put up with the amount of baseball I watch -- he was my perfect match, watched just as much as I did! But then, you guys knew that.
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.