Why did Bundy leave the game?

QBsILLEST1

Rain delay after he threw three pitches in the second inning. I saw him tonight for the first time in two seasons. Threw an easy 90-95 MPH with good arm side run. Only one off speed pitch, but it was an 84 MPH slider for a K.

Hopefully I'll see him longer the next time.

Rain delay after he threw three pitches in the second inning. I saw him tonight for the first time in two seasons. Threw an easy 90-95 MPH with good arm side run. Only one off speed pitch, but it was a an 84 MPH slider for a K.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.

Rain delay after he threw three pitches in the second inning. I saw him tonight for the first time in two seasons. Threw an easy 90-95 MPH with good arm side run. Only one off speed pitch, but it was a an 84 MPH slider for a K.

What a shame that you made the trip to see him pitch only to have his start mostly washed out. Did you stay for the rest of it? Anything else worthy of note? I see that Bobby Bundy, Ben Rowen and Mychal Givens all pitched, do you have any impressions of them from the game? How did Hardy and Flaherty look?

What a shame that you made the trip to see him pitch only to have his start mostly washed out. Did you stay for the rest of it? Anything else worthy of note? I see that Bobby Bundy, Ben Rowen and Mychal Givens all pitched, do you have any impressions of them from the game? How did Hardy and Flaherty look?

Weams posted a nice recap here, already:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/147818-Notes-From-the-Minors-5-5

Bobby Bundy looked like a typical Double-A right-hander. 89-91 with a little run, a 86-88 cutter, a 82-84 slider and an occasional change up to the lefty. None of the pitches were really average major league offerings. Rowen throws 77-80 MPH with a little slider. He gets a ton of sink from his submarine offering and batters seemed to hit everything into the ground. With his lack of velocity he'd have a very, very small margin of error. Basically he'll need to keep proving it as he moves up the ladder.

Unfortunately I had to leave before Givens threw and I really wanted to see him. I talked to scout who saw him earlier this year and he was impressed by the jump in velocity from that angle (low side arm). He has concerns on whether he can command his fastball in on righties as he pitches primarily away in the outing he saw. He also pitches almost totally away to the lefties he faced as well so more needs to be seen.

As for Hardy and Flaherty, their timing still looks off at the plate, but they both looked like they could move on dence.

Other quick impressions:

- Esposito still looks to have a slow bat.

-Yastremzski had a good jump and took a good route to a deep left center drive that he hauled in. He rocketed a 95 MPH pitch in the first inning up the middle.

- I want to like Glynn Davis since he's from my high school (lol), but nothing excites you when you watch him play.

Archived