Honoring a slain Oriole fan

Going Underground

I know the Orioles gave his family a jersey. Sad ,he bought tickets for yesterday's game because he was an Oriole fan and Chris Davis his favorite player.

The Mets honored slain New York City Police Officer Brian Moore before Tuesdays game against Baltimore, a game the Orioles fan had tickets to attend.

Moores cousins, who did not wish to be identified, sat in the seats several rows behind the Orioles dugout Tuesday night. They sat quietly, saying they came to honor their cousin, who was shot in the face on Saturday and died on Monday.

Officer Brian Moore dies Monday after being shot in the face on Saturday.

Os slugger Chris Davis, Moores favorite player, signed a ball for the family. Davis later hit a home run in the ninth inning of the Mets 3-2 win.

I said a little prayer before the game after finding everything out, Davis said.Its just kind of heavy on my heart. If I could do something to honor him, whether it was something to help us win or a bright spot, Im glad God came through.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets-plan-honor-nypd-officer-brian-moore-o-game-article-1.2210832

I know the Orioles gave his family a jersey. Sad ,he bought tickets for yesterday's game because he was an Oriole fan and Chris Davis his favorite player.

The Mets honored slain New York City Police Officer Brian Moore before Tuesdays game against Baltimore, a game the Orioles fan had tickets to attend.

Moores cousins, who did not wish to be identified, sat in the seats several rows behind the Orioles dugout Tuesday night. They sat quietly, saying they came to honor their cousin, who was shot in the face on Saturday and died on Monday.

Officer Brian Moore dies Monday after being shot in the face on Saturday.

Os slugger Chris Davis, Moores favorite player, signed a ball for the family. Davis later hit a home run in the ninth inning of the Mets 3-2 win.

I said a little prayer before the game after finding everything out, Davis said.Its just kind of heavy on my heart. If I could do something to honor him, whether it was something to help us win or a bright spot, Im glad God came through.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets-plan-honor-nypd-officer-brian-moore-o-game-article-1.2210832

Thanks for this info. Tragic, senseless loss of a young life! May God comfort his loved ones in their loss! Both my brother and two of my nephews are police officers and I pray for them every day.

Archived