Ugly game tonight

eddie83

Maybe it is because I am in a grumpy mood but tonight's game ticked me off.

Ubaldo throws over multiple times with Cuddyer at first base, then walks the batter after being ahead. Then a run scores when a grounder gets past 2 diving infielders.

He falls behind Granderson who everyone knows likes to turn on pitches and grooves a 2-0 meatball.

DeAza gets on with a bunt single with 2 outs then makes no attempt to steal.

The pitcher bloops in a hit between Jones and Lough that leads to another run.

DeAza with the team down 3 runs bunts again with runners at the corners and 1 out and Cabrera gets caught at 3rd base.

DeAza does things that boggles the mind. At this point I think they should start working out Paredes in the OF. I didn't expect the world from DeAza but I thought he could at least be the left handed hitting side of a platoon. He needs to wake up soon. The corner OF situation is not pretty right now. I think Buck needs to play Snider and leave him out there and see what he can do.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ubaldo throws over multiple times with Cuddyer at first base, then walks the batter after being ahead. Then a run scores when a grounder gets past 2 diving infielders.

He falls behind Granderson who everyone knows likes to turn on pitches and grooves a 2-0 meatball.

DeAza with the team down 3 runs bunts again with runners at the corners and 1 out and Cabrera gets caught at 3rd base.

DeAza does things that boggles the mind. At this point I think they should start working out Paredes in the OF. I didn't expect the world from DeAza but I thought he could at least be the left handed hitting side of a platoon. He needs to wake up soon. The corner OF situation is not pretty right now. I think Buck needs to play Snider and leave him out there and see what he can do.

The more you see De Aza the more you realize why Chicago let him go and why Duquette refused to overpay him.

The more you see De Aza the more you realize why Chicago let him go and why Duquette refused to overpay him.

I hope Buck gets asked about the one bunt. I think it is a stupid play. Swing the bat, hole is open on the right side. Down 3 runs and you bunt for a hit? The Orioles banked on this guy contributing to the team.

What was wrong with 4hat bunt? Was it supposed to be a suicide squeeze? A safety squeeze? Somehow Cabrera got his signals mixed up. What was he thinking of??

Why would you bunt there? Cabrera should not have gotten that far off the base but I bet he wondered what DeAza was doing as well. You don't safety squeeze down 3 runs.

Buck just said it was a poor decision on our part to bunt there. Said Cabrera needs to slide as well. DeAza might be on the pine there.

Did Buck say if he called the play or if it was De Aza on his own? Of all the boneheaded moves De Aza has made, this one may take the cake. Just a killer move. I thought maybe he would learn how to play the game being around guys like AJ and JJ but he just keeps making one idiotic play after the next.

Did Buck say if he called the play or if it was De Aza on his own? Of all the boneheaded moves De Aza has made, this one may take the cake. Just a killer move. I thought maybe he would learn how to play the game being around guys like AJ and JJ but he just keeps making one idiotic play after the next.

Gary asked about the slide, Buck says the defender has the right to make a play so he was not arguing about interference just whether he was safe or not. Then he said the bunt was a poor decision. Looking on Twitter Buck is not happy with the up the middle infield defense, bet JJ is back tomorrow.

De Aza is playing for his own numbers. FA year. Why do you think he K'd so much to start the season? Trying too hard to go 20-20 or 15-15. Especially after the arbitration hearing stuff. He doesn't care about situational baseball.

I think DeAza has lost all confidence about getting a hit, thus the bunt. But poor choice to do it as mentioned here.

This is at least the second time this year he has tried to bunt after striking out in his first AB. He did it in the Boston series and the announcers pointed it out. Dude is a professional baseball player. He cannot be bunting 1st & 3rd down 3.

Archived