Paredes

Bird Dog

If he keeps hitting like he has been all spring, Buck will audition him at several positions over the course of the season. I'm sure he'll get some time at 1B at some point. Like you said, he fields DH very well. But it sure would be nice for him to find a role in the field. Good problem to have…..as long as pitchers don't find a hole in his swing.

He hits good but someone needs to teach him how to run the bases.

He got picked off first base in a crucial situation in the game, but let's not act like that hasn't happened to every other with some speed at some point.

If this was a regular occurrence. If this was a De Aza or Melvin Mora situation (was a horrible base runner especially later in his career), then I could see the uproar.

He got picked off first base in a crucial situation in the game, but let's not act like that hasn't happened to every other with some speed at some point.

If this was a regular occurrence. If this was a De Aza or Melvin Mora situation (was a horrible base runner especially later in his career), then I could see the uproar.

Going off memory here, and I'm a little old, but I'm pretty darn sure that this isn't the first time Paredes has made a bonehead decision on the basepaths.

I'm a "little old too" and he probably lost the game for us tonight.

I don't know how you can say that. It didn't help win the game but to assign sole responsibility is asinine. I guess you also forgot about his homerun. Guess he sucks since he didn't hit two.

He got doubled off second on a line drive a week or two ago. Terrible to get picked off in that situation tonight. It was like a 1-2 punch. Adam Jones with a terrible AB and Paredes getting picked off during that terrible AB. Jones had a 2-0 count and proceeded to swing at two balls. We should have had bases loaded with one out. As it was, he grounded out to SS so it could have been a DP even if Paredes didn't get picked off. Let's not let that stuff take away from another terrible start by Chris Tillman. The next time someone wants to bring up extending this guy past his FA year, DON'T.

Jone's AB was far more aggravating.

Jone's AB was far more aggravating.

Slow roller to SS, though, I doubt they double him up there which means the tying run would have scored had Paredes not been picked off.

It's a toss up right now between him, De Aza and Cabrera for the bonehead of the year award on the bases so far this year.

Slow roller to SS, though, I doubt they double him up there which means the tying run would have scored had Paredes not been picked off.

It's a toss up right now between him, De Aza and Cabrera for the bonehead of the year award on the bases so far this year.

Yeah the GB was the result but the pitches leading up to the GB were more aggravating (i.e swinging at 2 balls in a 2-0 count).

He got doubled off second on a line drive a week or two ago. Terrible to get picked off in that situation tonight. It was like a 1-2 punch. Adam Jones with a terrible AB and Paredes getting picked off during that terrible AB. Jones had a 2-0 count and proceeded to swing at two balls. We should have had bases loaded with one out. As it was, he grounded out to SS so it could have been a DP even if Paredes didn't get picked off. Let's not let that stuff take away from another terrible start by Chris Tillman. The next time someone wants to bring up extending this guy past his FA year, DON'T.

Tillman gave up 4 runs in nearly 6 innings. He fell short of a QS by 1 run and 1 out! To say he had a terrible start is the overstatement of the week. I could understand if he got blew out, but that clearly did not happen. Agreed that he did not have his best stuff, but the results are what they are!

Archived