Did Snider kick Buck's dog?

eddie83

Snider has a .347 OBP and a .355 slugging percentage as of today. Working walks is great but you have to actually hit the ball too. He isn't.

We have to be pragmatic about this. I'd rather have a .900 OPS slugging RF too.

You're saying you'd prefer Lough or Young out there regularly? Pearce?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Travis Snider is a low ceiling player who isn't very good and the value approach that the Orioles took in the offseason appears to have been foolish.

He is 27 years old and a former 1st round pick coming off his best season. His ceiling is a lot higher than others on this team.

I mean how can you think there are 2 outs when you are on base as the 2nd batter of the inning? This season has been very difficult to watch.

I hear ya, how can the umpire award a base on balls to the hitter with only 3 balls, and they have this handy gadget in their hand, to keep them straight?

Crap happens.

The other night during the Reds game, the umpire sent the batter to first on ball 3, he lost track of the count.

I think mistakes are hard for some of us fans to understand.

We envision the Oriole way, and playing fundamentally sound baseball.

Unfortunately, this year has not been fundamentally sound.

"Crap happens"? Really? Snider's head was anywhere but in the game. He didn't listen and he didn't look! And Showalter was not a happy camper.

“Forgot how many outs,” Showalter said of Snider. “[First base coach Wayne] Kirby told him about eight times. [Third base coach] Bobby [Dickerson] held it up in the air. It’s unacceptable.”

"Crap happens"? Really? Snider's head was anywhere but in the game. He didn't listen and he didn't look! And Showalter was not a happy camper.

“Forgot how many outs,” Showalter said of Snider. “[First base coach Wayne] Kirby told him about eight times. [Third base coach] Bobby [Dickerson] held it up in the air. It’s unacceptable.”

I suspect Buck is not a happy camper over more than just the one blunder.

?Forgot how many outs,? Showalter said of Snider. ?[First base coach Wayne] Kirby told him about eight times. [Third base coach] Bobby [Dickerson] held it up in the air. It?s unacceptable.?

I don't know. It is outrageous of course. These are professional baseball players being paid millions of dollars. That said, AJ had a brain fart play last year in the outfield when forgot the number of outs and let a run score. Arguably that cost the Orioles more than Snider here, but Snider obviously has a shorter leash.

http://deadspin.com/adam-jones-forgets-how-many-outs-there-are-run-scores-1608057868

I need to take a mental step back from the O's. I will be a happier person if I expect them to lose and get pleasantly surprised when they win.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck on Snider forgetting how many outs there were in the fifth inning: "It?s unacceptable."</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't know. It is outrageous of course. These are professional baseball players being paid millions of dollars. That said, AJ had a brain fart play last year in the outfield when forgot the number of outs and let a run score. Arguably that cost the Orioles more than Snider here, but Snider obviously has a shorter leash.

http://deadspin.com/adam-jones-forgets-how-many-outs-there-are-run-scores-1608057868

I need to take a mental step back from the O's. I will be a happier person if I expect them to lose and get pleasantly surprised when they win.

My mental state right now as I watch the games is as follows...."When and what will the Orioles do to blow THIS game?"

I swear, if we hit, we don't pitch. If we pitch, we can't score. If we hit and pitch, we have mental blunders on the bases and in the field. If we score, seems like our pitchers want to give the runs right back. WE just can't get it together right now.

Buck has publicly stated to his outfielders "Its time for someone to step up and claim the position" yet none of them, including Jones, is playing well. The mental blunders like Snyder last night and Paredes on the bases is just adding to the overall problem. The issue is NO ONE has options, so even if we wanted to bring up a Nolan or a Parmelee, we'd have to DFA someone else.

Something I was thinking about last night. Palmer said Parmelee is a good defensive first baseman. That doesn't jive with what I've heard on the Hangout, but if its true, what if we brought up Parmelee for first, and put Davis in right field?

My mental state right now as I watch the games is as follows...."When and what will the Orioles do to blow THIS game?"

I swear, if we hit, we don't pitch. If we pitch, we can't score. If we hit and pitch, we have mental blunders on the bases and in the field. If we score, seems like our pitchers want to give the runs right back. WE just can't get it together right now.

Buck has publicly stated to his outfielders "Its time for someone to step up and claim the position" yet none of them, including Jones, is playing well. The mental blunders like Snyder last night and Paredes on the bases is just adding to the overall problem. The issue is NO ONE has options, so even if we wanted to bring up a Nolan or a Parmelee, we'd have to DFA someone else.

Something I was thinking about last night. Palmer said Parmelee is a good defensive first baseman. That doesn't jive with what I've heard on the Hangout, but if its true, what if we brought up Parmelee for first, and put Davis in right field?[/QUOTE]

Palmer is entitled to his opinion, but on this matter, I think he will probably be found wrong.

Snider not only kicked Buck's dog. He took him out for a walk and forgot where he left him. Buck said this is unacceptable and if he walked him in the first place ,he should know the score and what happened to him.Buck said he has been walking long enough and he does have a short leash.He might get DFA. DFA= Doggone Forgettable Attributes..

?Forgot how many outs,? Showalter said of Snider. ?[First base coach Wayne] Kirby told him about eight times. [Third base coach] Bobby [Dickerson] held it up in the air. It?s unacceptable.?

It's unacceptable. Nobody likes it, but it DOES happen more than you would expect. Snider did it. Some of the best players in the game have done it.

So, yeah, crap happens.

Archived