Roberts Trade on Hold...ESPN Insider

Elvis Presley

I don't understand this argument. Any player the Cubs offer is junk because otherwise they wouldn't offer it? Gallagher is easily the team's best pitching prospect but since the Cubs would have to give him up in the deal, he must not be very good nor valued by the Cubs? If the Cubs were offering Pie and Marmol to begin with, it seems to follow you'd not want them since the Cubs offered them. Not the most sound of logic - it feels closer to "whatever I can't have, that's the only thing I want."

To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that crazy about dealing with the Cubs, regardless of who's available. I just don't think they're a good match.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that crazy about dealing with the Cubs, regardless of who's available. I just don't think they're a good match.

I don't think the Cubs are a great match either. I think when you are talking about the ceiling on gallagher is a 3rd starter, then no thanks. Especially when he is supposed to be the "gem" of the deal. Mentioned in another thread, I think he looks like a scrub pitching. Not that impressed by him today in spring training.

Curious here...Anyone surprised that Mike Fontenot's name hasn't been thrown around? He could fill the 2B hole, and well the Orioles are familiar with him.

Basically, I think the Cubs are offering a bunch of AAAA players for Roberts. Nothing real special with Murton, Gallagher or Cedeno.

They are all "major league ready". And right now, I would keep Luke Scott in left over Murton, could leave Hernandez in for Cedeno. And Gallagher...Well I wouldn't mind taking a look at Penn or Albers.

I hear what you're saying. I guess I'm just a homer that's hoping for a lineup centered around Roberts, Teixeira, Markakis, Rowell, Alvarez/Smoak, Wieters, Jones, etc., in a couple of years. :o

You wanna be a homer, check out my site. :)

I don't think the Cubs are a great match either. I think when you are talking about the ceiling on gallagher is a 3rd starter, then no thanks. Especially when he is supposed to be the "gem" of the deal. Mentioned in another thread, I think he looks like a scrub pitching. Not that impressed by him today in spring training.

Curious here...Anyone surprised that Mike Fontenot's name hasn't been thrown around? He could fill the 2B hole, and well the Orioles are familiar with him.

Basically, I think the Cubs are offering a bunch of AAAA players for Roberts. Nothing real special with Murton, Gallagher or Cedeno.

They are all "major league ready". And right now, I would keep Luke Scott in left over Murton, could leave Hernandez in for Cedeno. And Gallagher...Well I wouldn't mind taking a look at Penn or Albers.

I know this is the wrong way of looking at things, but it also wouldn't hurt to keep Roberts considering he's buddies with Teixeira.

/just sayin' :D

You wanna be a homer, check out my site. :)

Not that's what I'm talking about! :)

The following lineup by 2010/2011 would be absolutely dreamy.

C - Wieters

1B - Teixeira

2B - Roberts

3B - Alvarez/Rowell

SS - Lillibridge, Wood, etc.

LF - Smoak/Rowell/Reimold

CF - Jones

RF - Markakis

DH - Scott/Snyder

I know this is the wrong way of looking at things, but it also wouldn't hurt to keep Roberts considering he's buddies with Teixeira.

/just sayin' :D

If he's buddies with Teixeira, definitely keep him around. I mean it worked with Tejada getting Hernandez in here. Besides, someone needs to be on base when Teixeira starts launches balls towards the warehouse.

Archived