J.J. Hardy, Ryan Flaherty Returns Should Stabilize Orioles Middle Infield

PressBoxOnline

I enjoyed the play in the 8th inning where Hardy snagged a hopper deep in the hole to keep a run from scoring. Davis made a good scoop on the throw, too. They didn't get the out, but they kept a run off the board. That's a play I'm not sure Cabrera would have made.

o

I enjoyed the play in the 8th inning where Hardy snagged a hopper deep in the hole to keep a run from scoring. Davis made a good scoop on the throw, too. They didn't get the out, but they kept a run off the board. That's a play I'm not sure Cabrera would have made.

Yeah, I'm eager to see the long-term improvements/results of the team overall with these two guys back and available again.

But, of course ......... I/we have to be patient, because the Orioles can only play (and win) one game at a time.

Beat the Yankees today, be happy about that, and just accept the fact that it's going to be 2 or 3 months before I/we can look back and reflect on a large® sample size than just one or two games, or even just nine or ten games.

Tiny sample size, but the infield defense has looked good the last two games. I would expect JJ and Flaherty (assuming he hasn't re-reinjured himself) to be productive at the plate within a week.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about everything except the starting pitching, Davis, Pearce and Gausman.

Archived