Gausman to DL (Shoulder Tendonitis)

TonySoprano

Seems like we always get this after an injury, that it's never really serious. Then a month later it turns out it's more severe than they thought.

Where's Wieters? When's he coming back again? Can't say? Hmmmm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? Wieters is due back by the end of the month, if not sooner.

There's probability there, true. He's essentially in extended spring training right now, if I've read correctly. But until he can fire down to second base on a five-times-a-week basis, and handle the load of full-time catcher, he's not the guy everyone was counting on... I will be the happiest guy on the planet if he does. But until then, I'm skeptical.

We sure do know how to develop a pitching prospect. Those 3 inning stints from our top prospects should be shortened to 1 inning a week. This is why I'm not mad that we traded Josh Hader and Ed Rod. We weren't going to develop them. Unless you count getting that TTTP under a magic number.

Regardless, where there is smoke there is fire. This is worrisome most definitely. Other than the one game in which he hit triple digits which was like the first or second game of the year his velocity has been down. Velocity down, ineffectiveness, shoulder tendonitis.....not a good thing.

Regardless, where there is smoke there is fire. This is worrisome most definitely. Other than the one game in which he hit triple digits which was like the first or second game of the year his velocity has been down.

He threw 4 pitches that clocked at least 100 MPH in his last outing May 6th against the Mets. His velocity was down in his previous outing but he was over 100 in the outing before that one. There really isn't a trend with Gausman's velocity.

On the surface this looks like the result of mishandling Gausman. He should be starting, either in Baltimore or Norfolk. And with the garbage outings the starters or putting up, there's no reason they should be wasting Gausman in the BP. Buck will sink or swim with "his" guys, so it's moot for now.

Archived