So what does this team need?

El Gordo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The standard formula for either of those deal would equate to Gausman. Harvey. Sisco. And Either Berry or Davies.
That's too much for less than one year of Cueto. That's more like what you would offer for Hamels. They don't have the same value.

A TOR starter is the no-brainer need right now. Our pitching isn't going to win us very many games the way they're pitching right now. The offense has been solid (outside of the Mets series).

That said, we are digging ourselves a deep hole fast right now. At 12-16, there's still plenty of time to recover. But it's time to be a bit concerned.

So what does this team need?

The more I think about it - I think if Schoop was back in the lineup, that's all we would need. Seems like the team has been flat ever since he went on the DL. Not only was he going on breakout year, but he was really well liked as a teammate. Of course on a completely different note- the team could have gone on a tear and become 'Baltimore Strong' after the riots (like Boston in '13) - but I guess there's a difference between foreign terrorists and those that try to destroy their own city.

A kick in the pants?

Burn Delmon's glove

Let Hardy get settled

I still like our team better than any other in the division.

Depends on how quickly the Sox grow up... and if the Jays can ever put it all together.

Other than that, I agree that the Yankees will fade and the Rays aren't a viable long term threat for the year either.

I'd go with an ace. But we'll never have one until we happen to grow one, cuz we're not buying one.
The thing to remember about aces (whether purchased or grown) is that even aces have bad games every so often.

The thing to remember about aces (whether purchased or grown) is that even aces have bad games every so often.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Paredes: "We lose a couple games, these guys, they never have their head down. "We just continue to work." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived