Norris Sick, May Miss Start

Can_of_corn

I'm surprised the O's aren't considering calling someone up. It would be easy enough to option McFarland and call up whoever is scheduled to start Sunday in Norfolk, especially since McFarland probably isn't available after going 3 innings Friday.

Seems like the only reliever who can really give the O's more than a couple innings tomorrow is Brach. Well, technically Matusz and Garcia could do it too, but probably not without allowing a few runs.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised the O's aren't considering calling someone up. It would be easy enough to option McFarland and call up whoever is scheduled to start Sunday in Norfolk, especially since McFarland probably isn't available after going 3 innings Friday.

Seems like the only reliever who can really give the O's more than a couple innings tomorrow is Brach. Well, technically Matusz and Garcia could do it too, but probably not without allowing a few runs.

I'm surprised too. You could call up Wilson for tomorrow and then send him down after the game and have someone else (Gamboa, Wright?) for the other nine days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised too. You could call up Wilson for tomorrow and then send him down after the game and have someone else (Gamboa, Wright?) for the other nine days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would you send down to male room? McFarland?

And just when Bud was beginning to build value so we can trade him to a contending team.

Was he, though?

I would be thrilled to see Tyler Wilson. This kid deserves an opportunity.

A super crazy idea would be Bundy...only 1 IP in his last start, pulled after a rain delay.

Was he, though?

I would be thrilled to see Tyler Wilson. This kid deserves an opportunity.

A super crazy idea would be Bundy...only 1 IP in his last start, pulled after a rain delay.

My statement was tongue in cheek. The eternal optimists of the OH would say he has, but I'm all for that if it finds him pitching for someone else so Gausman can show what he's made of.

Can we DL Norris' date=' call up Wilson for tomorrow and then option him and call up someone else for the next time Norris needs to start? Can we back date it since his last start?[/quote']

Not a crazy thought but I guess that isn't fair to Norris. He could pitch on May 21st that way and with the 2 upcoming off days it would work well for the team.

I won't even make a joke about being sick of Norris.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris might not make start tmrw. Sent home with the chills. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris back at hotel. Had chills. Buck would use a reliever tomorrow</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> wouldn't call up pitcher for 1 pm game tmrw. Made adjustments with pen for tmrw.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

You want but you did anyway. I do believe something is wrong

with him. Physically.

Archived