Sun: Cubs Offer Ceden, Gallagher, Veal and maybe a 4th player - For Roberts

NATTYBO's

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think we could get a better package at the trade deadline??

Yes, there is not a top prospect unless you consider Veal one, in that deal. No deal. We will keep Roberts someone will disappoint or get hurt and a team will come calling.

In my opinion the 4th player is Patterson he would be blocked here with the Cubs.

To me that is the problem witht the deal. Cedeno is blocked, Gallagher is blocked, Veal is a nice prospect, and PAtterson is blocked. Patterson would be blocked here also, with Jones, Markakis, Scott etc. I think Ceda, Colvin, or Pie (1 of the 3) should be in the deal. Kill the deal!!

To me that is the problem witht the deal. Cedeno is blocked, Gallagher is blocked, Veal is a nice prospect, and PAtterson is blocked. Patterson would be blocked here also, with Jones, Markakis, Scott etc. I think Ceda, Colvin, or Pie (1 of the 3) should be in the deal. Kill the deal!!

Hold on...wait a second....you say Patterson will be blocked here but you say you want Pie.

Patterson isn't blocked here, he would be our 2B.

If anything Pie would be blocked here, unless they play Scott at DH full time.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Pie, but that just isn't happening. And the package of Ceda, Colvin, and/or Pie does nothing for our middle infield. If anything it puts huge holes in our team.

Gallagher is a BA top 100 prospect. There's no need to knock him like this.

Patterson plays second.

Hold on...wait a second....you say Patterson will be blocked here but you say you want Pie.

Patterson isn't blocked here, he would be our 2B.

If anything Pie would be blocked here, unless they play Scott at DH full time.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Pie, but that just isn't happening. And the package of Ceda, Colvin, and/or Pie does nothing for our middle infield. If anything it puts huge holes in our team.

Sorry but from everything I have read, Patterson is subpar at 2B. Most sites say he will be an outfielder. My idea with Pie is that you would then have 3 young fast CF types Pie or later a Tyler Colvin, would be worth moving Scott out of left. Patterson most likely not. Then you trade a young pitcher or OF for a second baseman. Defense will take priority on the new Orioles, especially up the middle. Patterson does not deliver that.

You don't know what you are talking about Gallegher is not blocked he is 22 year old prospect.Let AM wait you say if this teams needs this or that team needs that. what if Roberts gets hurt then what.Why should teams give into anything AM wants its called try to make a fair deal thats all.Let him take a chance and wait until the deadline just like the Twins did with Santana by not taking a better Yankee deal or Red Sox deal they ended up with a preety weak Mets deal by waiting.

Archived