Matt Wieters Transferred to 60 Day DL

weams

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not saying he's wrong. He is just very declarative about it.

If he had couched his statements as being speculative it would have gone over a lot better.

Yep, and not one link to back anything up. From what I've read chronic conditions are 3-6 months recovery. Maybe he's a doc, though. That or he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

[h=2]Prognosis of rotator cuff tendonitis[/h]With appropriate management and physiotherapy, most minor cases of rotator cuff tendonitis, that have not been present for long, can usually recover within a few weeks. In chronic cases, recovery can be a lengthy process and may take 3-6 months or longer to achieve an optimal outcome.

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/9251250/rotator-cuff-tendonitis-rotator-cuff-injury-ph.htm

I don't see the need to sling mud at our players or the team unless there's some actual evidence. I'm not sure it's productive even when there is.

Yep, and not one link to back anything up. From what I've read chronic conditions are 3-6 months recovery. Maybe he's a doc, though. That or he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Prognosis of rotator cuff tendonitis

With appropriate management and physiotherapy, most minor cases of rotator cuff tendonitis, that have not been present for long, can usually recover within a few weeks. In chronic cases, recovery can be a lengthy process and may take 3-6 months or longer to achieve an optimal outcome.

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/9251250/rotator-cuff-tendonitis-rotator-cuff-injury-ph.htm

I don't see the need to sling mud at our players or the team unless there's some actual evidence. I'm not sure it's productive even when there is.

Come on... you are quoting from a website meant for people with injuries wondering about their day-to-day lifestyle, or maybe people who lift a bit. This has little to no relevancy for a major league pitcher.

The Orioles' entire treatment of Gausman has been very conservative. Yeah, maybe that poster is a little aggressive in his declarations but I can see where he's coming from and think it's a reasonable assumption to make.

Come on... you are quoting from a website meant for people with injuries wondering about their day-to-day lifestyle, or maybe people who lift a bit. This has little to no relevancy for a major league pitcher.

The Orioles' entire treatment of Gausman has been very conservative. Yeah, maybe that poster is a little aggressive in his declarations but I can see where he's coming from and think it's a reasonable assumption to make.

Doesn't matter. Yes, the link was a generic reference but Gausman has had no history of injury and we have little to go on. It's a reasonable assumption with more information. That was my point.

I can too. If it is actually rotator cuff. But he was wrong about Gausman going directly to the 60 day today. Which was what he was declaring. I know he has personal experience. I do not know that he has insider information on this. It would appear not after Wieters went and not Gausman.

I had no idea it was that serious. Thanks for sharing.

That's a big difference from 3-6 months that Bradybunch is claiming without any knowledge. And he could be right if it's a serious condition. I'm just saying let's not rush to an expected outcome.

That's a big difference from 3-6 months that Bradybunch is claiming without any knowledge. And he could be right if it's a serious condition. I'm just saying let's not rush to an expected outcome.

I broke it down. 3-6 weeks of healing and 6 to 9 weeks of full healing( physical rehab, not pitching). Then however long it takes to get back to game shape. So its 6-12 week claim jives with what I said. 36 to 72 days before he starts throwing. Think 2 to 4 weeks before he pitches as or higher.

Also chronic tendonitis is known as tendonosis. Where the body wasn't allowed to heal.

I can too. If it is actually rotator cuff. But he was wrong about Gausman going directly to the 60 day today. Which was what he was declaring. I know he has personal experience. I do not know that he has insider information on this. It would appear not after Wieters went and not Gausman.

I said it was an option.

Add up weeks from DL stint until he pitches in as or higher. You fall into that 3 to 6 month range.

It was never an option though. And that is where a lot of people are getting caught up. Gausman isn't even meeting with the doctor until tomorrow so there was no way he would be ruled out for two months today.

Especially when there were other options.

It was never an option though. And that is where a lot of people are getting caught up. Gausman isn't even meeting with the doctor until tomorrow so there was no way he would be ruled out for two months today.

Tendinitis is easily a 2 month stint or you have repeat injury.MRI is to make sure he didn't screw up his shoulder trying to throw thru it.

Archived