Jorge Posada's new book rips the Yankees

Redskins Rick

Not happy is right. With his skill diminishing he was dropped to 9th in the batting order. He didn't like it so he went to Girardi and asked to be removed from the lineup so he could "clear his head". What was Girardi supposed to do? Keep playing him as if everything was fine and put the importance of winning on the back burner in deference to Posada's ego? Posada may be the least popular of the Yankees Core Four" behind Jeter, Rivera and Pettitte.

Ya gotta know when to go. He made over $115 million dollars in his career. It was time.

“I’ll put this as plainly as a I can. When you take me out from behind the plate, you’re taking away my heart and my passion . . . I knew that my role with the club was changing, but I don’t think that anyone making those decisions knew how much the things being done hurt me . . . To have even that taken away from me without adequate explanation, hurt me and confused me . . . I felt like I wasn’t being treated right, that people weren’t always being as straightforward with me as I wanted them to be or treating me as I deserved to be treated, and I exploded.”

Then. Retire.

Archived