Orioles Prospect Brandon Snyder: 'I'm Just Happy To Be Playing

PressBoxOnline

This is why I do not get caught up the MLB draft and comp picks and rule 5 guys. He was the 13th overall pick and has done nothing. I am not picking on him - I have no idea who he is. But the MLB draft and picks are not near as important as the NBA or NFL.

Just my opinion doesn't make it right (jmodmir)

Selected with the 13th overall pick in the 2005 MLB Draft, Snyder spent seven years in the Orioles' system before a trade sent him to the Texas Rangers. Snyder hit .277 in 40 games with the Rangers during 2012, but was released before the start of the 2013 season. After signing a minor league deal with the Boston Red Sox, Snyder again got the call to the big leagues, but hit.180 during 27 games in a Red Sox uniform.

This is why I do not get caught up the MLB draft and comp picks and rule 5 guys. He was the 13th overall pick and has done nothing. I am not picking on him - I have no idea who he is. But the MLB draft and picks are not near as important as the NBA or NFL.

Just my opinion doesn't make it right (jmodmir)

Selected with the 13th overall pick in the 2005 MLB Draft, Snyder spent seven years in the Orioles' system before a trade sent him to the Texas Rangers. Snyder hit .277 in 40 games with the Rangers during 2012, but was released before the start of the 2013 season. After signing a minor league deal with the Boston Red Sox, Snyder again got the call to the big leagues, but hit.180 during 27 games in a Red Sox uniform.

NBA doesn't really have a minor league system so to speak, the better guys that can play when drafted out of college usually find a roster spot to play.

The NFL doesn't have a minor league system either, and they have 53 man rosters and taxi squads and this is why undrafted players can sign on with a team and even make the roster.

Each MLB team usually has 4-6 minor league teams to stash players and groom them.

NBA doesn't really have a minor league system so to speak, the better guys that can play when drafted out of college usually find a roster spot to play.

The NFL doesn't have a minor league system either, and they have 53 man rosters and taxi squads and this is why undrafted players can sign on with a team and even make the roster.

Each MLB team usually has 4-6 minor league teams to stash players and groom them.

Actually the NBA and NFL do have a minor league system. Its called University's

Actually the NBA and NFL do have a minor league system. Its called University's

Actually they don't because the teams have no control over the players.

But don't go letting reality interrupt your narrative.

BTW isn't it neat how no top picks in the NFL or NBA washes out?

2171.png&w=350&h=254

Ryan-Leaf-091014.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• 1 month later...

Snyder's not really a prospect anymore, but he is doing a nice job in Bowie: .309/.411/.555, with 12 doubles and 5 homers in 32 games since we him back. He is walking a lot (18 in 32 games) but also striking out a lot (40).

Mods, I suggest moving this thread to the MiL forum.

Archived