Maryland vs. Butler, 3/17

Just to clear up something, Jones was on the bench for the 7 min with bad leg cramps. Didnt anyone see him laying on the floor wit JJ Bush working on his legs?

I guess its poor coaching to take a guy out of the game when he cannot move with leg cramps.

Butler beat the Terps, they shot better and rebounded when they needed to,they deserved to win. It was a good year for the Terps,a better year had they had a chance at Fla.

That is funny, I watched the entire game and I didn't see that he had crampls. Must have been an oversight on my part.

You know it is funny that I read articles from 3 different papers and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Strange.

Anyway, you are right that the Terps were just outplayed, but coaching played a part, especially at the end.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They let Graves run down the clock a little bit, but he passed the ball to other guys with plenty of time left. Those were the guys we should have fouled. Just a terrible decision there.

I will give credit where it's due - Butler executed their game plan perfectly, and didn't turn the ball over very much, and when they did, it always seemed to go out of bounds, to preclude any transition points.

That said, terrible officiating (I counted at least two blatant offensive fouls on push-offs that weren't called, and that charge on DJ was complete BS), terrible FT shooting, sloppy passing, etc. We were clearly the better team, and we just blew it, referees aside.

I agree that we probably should have fouled, but like mweb said if we had gotten the rebound(like we should have)we would have been in a great position. What was pathetic was not getting the rebound. Wasn't there like one Butler player around the basket with like all of our guys? And not one of them could grab the ball.

I agree that we probably should have fouled, but like mweb said if we had gotten the rebound(like we should have)we would have been in a great position. What was pathetic was not getting the rebound. Wasn't there like one Butler player around the basket with like all of our guys? And not one of them could grab the ball.

Well, and not to take anything away from Butler, but they had some pretty lucky breaks. They had that three point shot that bounced about 5 feet above the rim and came back down. Twice Gist blocked Graves lay-ups, but the ball bounced right back to a Butler player who found Graves for an easy three. There's just not much you can do about that kind of stuff.

Well, and not to take anything away from Butler, but they had some pretty lucky breaks. They had that three point shot that bounced about 5 feet above the rim and came back down. Twice Gist blocked Graves lay-ups, but the ball bounced right back to a Butler player who found Graves for an easy three. There's just not much you can do about that kind of stuff.
Lucky breaks happen to each side all the time.

No question, not making excuses at all, just saying Butler caught some really good ones yesterday.

And i am sure MD did as well...That's all i am saying.

However, when you get these lucky breaks, you have to do something with them, like Graves did twice.

No question, not making excuses at all, just saying Butler caught some really good ones yesterday.

You mean the three from the sideline at about half court with 2 seconds left on the shot clock? Yeah that was a pretty lucky break.;)

And i am sure MD did as well...That's all i am saying.

However, when you get these lucky breaks, you have to do something with them, like Graves did twice.

As I noted earlier, Graves also got away with at least two push-offs that weren't called...I guess you could call those "lucky breaks" as well.

As I noted earlier, Graves also got away with at least two push-offs that weren't called...I guess you could call those "lucky breaks" as well.

What many of you guys always fail to realize is that you can probably call some kind of violation, whether it be a foul, travel, double dribble, carry or whatever on every possession. It is like the NFL. Something "shady" is always happening.

So, my guess is you could say that the MD players got away with alot of things as well.

What many of you guys always fail to realize is that you can probably call some kind of violation, whether it be a foul, travel, double dribble, carry or whatever on every possession. It is like the NFL. Something "shady" is always happening.

So, my guess is you could say that the MD players got away with alot of things as well.

Obviously, I'm not an unbiased source. I wasn't actively looking for non-calls against MD. But the two incidents I'm referring to looked pretty blatant to me, and one of them came in the last couple of minutes.

That said, if we had hit our damn free throws, the refs wouldn't have had a chance to decide the game.

This is generally true, bad calls go both ways and no calls go both ways. I wouldn't blame the Terps loss on the refs yesterday. The charge call at the end was not a good one, but was a tough call either way.

Of course, the first statement that I made does not apply at Cameron Indoor Stadium.:P

Archived