Watching David Lough Bat Makes My Eyes Bleed

Rene88

With Buehrle pitching tomorrow we'll be seeing Young and Pearce again in the OF corners. I think it's going to be a day by day type thing. I see signs of Pearce starting to get hot. Young looks motivated to be getting his first regular playing time in a couple of seasons. Lough is perfect in his role right now. Speed, defense and low cost. With Flaherty getting hurt we could see Pearce getting some AB's at 2nd which will give De Aza and Snider more AB's. Somebody needs to get hot.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm not following. Type slower, I don't read so fast. When Schoop comes back, someone has to be removed. . I have Lough being removed with one of Flaherty/Cabrera/Navarro on the roster. Then you quoted me and said something about middle infielders not earning their pay, or something similar. I guess I don't know what that means. I took it as you'd keep Lough and send down the back up infielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that, if the disabled list ever settles, that the infield should be Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Machado. Flaherty can be the primary backup with Davis providing depth at third, Pearce providing depth at second and Machado providing depth at short. Of course any long term issues would necessitating bringing someone up.

All of that should mean that Cabrera, and not Lough will be the body going when Schoop returns.

I would also keep Lough over De Aza but we all know that.

I think that, if the disabled list ever settles, that the infield should be Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Machado. Flaherty can be the primary backup with Davis providing depth at third, Pearce providing depth at second and Machado providing depth at short. Of course any long term issues would necessitating bringing someone up.

All of that should mean that Cabrera, and not Lough will be the body going when Schoop returns.

I would also keep Lough over De Aza but we all know that.

Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Machado, Flaherty (5)

Snider, De Aza, Jones, Pearce, Young, Paredes (6)

Joseph, Lavarnway (2)--13 position players without Lough and Cabrera.

I know you'd keep Lough over Paredes, Young, Pearce, and De Aza.

If Paredes is going to be the everyday DH, we have one more outfielder than we should need. But Lough is not the extra piece. Other than Jones, he's the only one I feel completely comfortable about when the ball is hit in his direction. Late in a close game, I want Lough in the outfield.

Someone should be culled from the De Aza, Pearce, Young, Snider crowd. Given Pearce's versatility, it should probably be one of the other three.

Davis, Schoop, Hardy, Machado, Flaherty (5)

Snider, De Aza, Jones, Pearce, Young, Paredes (6)

Joseph, Lavarnway (2)--13 position players without Lough and Cabrera.

I know you'd keep Lough over Paredes, Young, Pearce, and De Aza.

I said over De Aza.

I'm obviously biased on Young so we won't count him.

I would be hoping for a minor injury to keep me from choosing between Lough and Paredes/Pearce.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we want to keep over whom.

Buck is going to keep whom he wants to keep.

I thought personally, that Buck will keep Lough over Cabrera in ST and I still feel that way.

Cabrera will end up in AAA, and be a phone call away from being activated.

If Paredes is going to be the everyday DH, we have one more outfielder than we should need. But Lough is not the extra piece. Other than Jones, he's the only one I feel completely comfortable about when the ball is hit in his direction. Late in a close game, I want Lough in the outfield.

Someone should be culled from the De Aza, Pearce, Young, Snider crowd. Given Pearce's versatility, it should probably be one of the other three.

Good post sir.

I think, as you noted, nobody can be trusted in the OF other than Jones we need a glove, agreed. I think Lough is here for the sole reason. However, I think there must be another piece available that can both catch and hit a little better. Afterall, we didn't sign either of Miller (best closer in baseball right now) or Cruz (best hitter in AL right now). So it shouldn't be hard to dig up something.

I do agree with your main point. De Aza, Young and Snider are redundant. I said repeatedly I did not like the Snider deal and he was overhyped. He wasn't very good. He wouldn't replace Markakis. Turns out, he isn't even close. He is also in the dog house...

So....similar to why Lough is still here, we are cheap. Lough is controllable and cheap, just like Snider. Both aren't very valuable. What to do....

Good post sir.

I think, as you noted, nobody can be trusted in the OF other than Jones we need a glove, agreed. I think Lough is here for the sole reason. However, I think there must be another piece available that can both catch and hit a little better. Afterall, we didn't sign either of Miller (best closer in baseball right now) or Cruz (best hitter in AL right now). So it shouldn't be hard to dig up something.

I do agree with your main point. De Aza, Young and Snider are redundant. I said repeatedly I did not like the Snider deal and he was overhyped. He wasn't very good. He wouldn't replace Markakis. Turns out, he isn't even close. He is also in the dog house...

So....similar to why Lough is still here, we are cheap. Lough is controllable and cheap, just like Snider. Both aren't very valuable. What to do....

Trade for Carlos Gomez?

Trade for Carlos Gomez?

I'd like that. The only problem is that he is signed at a very team-friendly number for next year. Although that is a good thing, it does mean there is likely a larger amount of talent that needs to go to Milwaukee to make a deal happen.

Good post sir.

Please explain how Snider has been so bad, and how is he isn't even close to Markakis. The only thing baffling about Snider is how he is being used.

Markakis has been replacement level so far and Snider has been a better hitter than Young as well and leads both of them in WAR.

Archived