Watching David Lough Bat Makes My Eyes Bleed

Rene88

Good post sir.

I think, as you noted, nobody can be trusted in the OF other than Jones we need a glove, agreed. I think Lough is here for the sole reason. However, I think there must be another piece available that can both catch and hit a little better. Afterall, we didn't sign either of Miller (best closer in baseball right now) or Cruz (best hitter in AL right now). So it shouldn't be hard to dig up something.

I do agree with your main point. De Aza, Young and Snider are redundant. I said repeatedly I did not like the Snider deal and he was overhyped. He wasn't very good. He wouldn't replace Markakis. Turns out, he isn't even close. He is also in the dog house...

So....similar to why Lough is still here, we are cheap. Lough is controllable and cheap, just like Snider. Both aren't very valuable. What to do....

Who expected Snider to "replace" Markakis? If you look back at the Markakis threads, the argument was that the O's should go to a platoon. Markakis has very little value (which so far has been correct), and a platoon system could replace his value for cheap. Right now the platoon system is doing just that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who expected Snider to "replace" Markakis? If you look back at the Markakis threads' date=' the argument was that the O's should go to a platoon. Markakis has very little value (which so far has been correct), and a platoon system could replace his value for cheap. Right now the platoon system is doing just that.[/quote']

I like Nick's OBP. To be clear, I wouldnt' have resigned him. I would have resigned Cruz however.

I just like Nick as a player much more than Snyder. Snyder's glove is not impressive.

I just don't see how you keep de Aza over him. Lough is clearly better defensively and....

de Aza - .632 OPS

Lough - .718 OPS

Lough is 1/10th the cost and under control to boot... how can you keep de Aza over Lough?

Lough, De Aza and Snider are all problem children right now. The re-tooling of our OF has not worked out so far.

I like Nick's OBP. To be clear, I wouldnt' have resigned him. I would have resigned Cruz however.

I just like Nick as a player much more than Snyder. Snyder's glove is not impressive.

Not re-signing Nicky and Nellie didn't prevent Duquette from making another impact move. If you don't want to sign Nicky and Nellie, that's fine. But Snider doesn't appear to be an impact player.

Good post sir.

I think, as you noted, nobody can be trusted in the OF other than Jones we need a glove, agreed. I think Lough is here for the sole reason. However, I think there must be another piece available that can both catch and hit a little better. Afterall, we didn't sign either of Miller (best closer in baseball right now) or Cruz (best hitter in AL right now). So it shouldn't be hard to dig up something.

I do agree with your main point. De Aza, Young and Snider are redundant. I said repeatedly I did not like the Snider deal and he was overhyped. He wasn't very good. He wouldn't replace Markakis. Turns out, he isn't even close. He is also in the dog house...

So....similar to why Lough is still here, we are cheap. Lough is controllable and cheap, just like Snider. Both aren't very valuable. What to do....

Here we ge, another "just make a move" thread. "Pieces" that have the same defensively ability as Lough and can hit better than Snider are star players. They are not just sitting there available. I would say you are looking at Justin Upton. Based on Choo's contract, Upton is probably going to cost 7 yrs/$150M. These guys do not grow on trees.

I would have been in favor of a guy like Aoki, but the difference between Aoki and Snyder is probably a fraction of a WAR.

And Markakis' is? Snider grades out as a better defensive player than Markakis. Nick has a better arm.

And Markakis' is? Snider grades out as a better defensive player than Markakis. Nick has a better arm.

I don't recall Nick misplaying many balls..if at all. Why do you think Snider is in the dog house?

Nick would have misplayed more balls if he'd gotten to them.

Fair enough. Nick didn't have the best range but not terrible.

I would rather see more of Alvarez (he's slowly starting to hit at Norfolk). Man, I wish Parmalee could play OF-that dude can hit.

Fair enough. Nick didn't have the best range but not terrible.

I would rather see more of Alvarez (he's slowly starting to hit at Norfolk). Man, I wish Parmalee could play OF-that dude can hit.

... in AAA. Would be great if he could hit in the majors, but he hasn't done so yet.

Archived