Watching David Lough Bat Makes My Eyes Bleed

Rene88

.337/.389/.570 over 99 plate appearances while playing above average defense. Obviously his numbers wouldn't be that good if he played every day but as a fourth outfielder, they don't have to be.

You can't possibly ask anymore than that from a 4th OF that if he does play he will bat 8th/9th. De Aza is the Matusz of the position players.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's correct and to my point, what impact player replaces Cruz? Answer, Duquette didn't obtain one.
And yet the overall effect of DD's moves has upgraded the offensive performance position to position. We are a better team with out Cruz so far.

Nelson Ramon Cruz Martinez Sr

1.6 WAR

David Lough

One Win

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=89181283&topic_id=70087564&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

That's correct and to my point, what impact player replaces Cruz? Answer, Duquette didn't obtain one.

Nelson Cruz rWAR for all of 2014: 4.6

Manny Machado rWAR through less than 20% of 2015: 1.2 Extrapolated over the full season: 6.6

Cruz did not add to what the 2013 offense had done, he simply replaced some of the value lost by Davis's down year and Manny's injury. That's why, even with Cruz, the O's scored fewer runs in 2014 than in 2013. Manny will be more valuable this year than Cruz was last year. And even a less than full recovery of value for Davis will put the combined value of Davis and Machado way over what Cruz added last season. Book it.

Archived