David Stockstill

Kalkan

I noticed he is no longer on the Front Office listing at orioles.com. Is he still lurking around doing international scouting or did the team just like leave him in New Zealand or somewhere without a ticket home?

I guess with the major de-emphasis on international scouting these past couple years that he may simply not have any signings high profile enough to garner any news articles.

Also...there really has not been an emphasis on international signings since the mid-90s, so it is not really a new thing, but I do think Duquette does not sound the trumpet on it like he used to.

I noticed he is no longer on the Front Office listing at orioles.com. Is he still lurking around doing international scouting or did the team just like leave him in New Zealand or somewhere without a ticket home?

I guess with the major de-emphasis on international scouting these past couple years that he may simply not have any signings high profile enough to garner any news articles.

Also...there really has not been an emphasis on international signings since the mid-90s, so it is not really a new thing, but I do think Duquette does not sound the trumpet on it like he used to.

Looks like he got reassigned with in the org.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/sources-orioles-reassigning-farm-director

The Orioles, shaking up their front office as Opening Day nears, are replacing farm director David Stockstill, according to major-league sources.

Stockstill will move into another position, sources said. His brother, John, the team?s director of international scouting, will take over some of David's duties. Assistant farm director Tripp Norton and field coordinator Brian Graham will assume expanded roles.

David Stockstill, 52, has been the Orioles? farm director since Nov. 3, 2004 and a member of the organization since 1994.

The Orioles will portray the change in a positive light, one source said, but club officials had grown increasingly frustrated with David Stockstill?s communication skills and approach to player development.

Andy MacPhail, the Orioles? president of baseball operations, inherited David Stockstill when he took over on June 20, 2007. John Stockstill had worked for MacPhail with the Chicago Cubs.

Archived