Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

4 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

They walked Judge, top of the 9th, 2 outs, bringing the winning run to the plate. Several here advocated not pitching to Judge, not letting him beat you. He was 0 for 4 to that point in the game. Practically everyone would likely agree that was a good strategy NOW as it worked. I wonder, if we had a poll before the 9th inning started how the majority WOULD have voted?????  Anyone want to fess up???

Me, personally, tuned in on CBS gameday as Judge was at ball 3 so for sure I would say yes at that point. If there had been a poll prior, I would have said no FWIW.

I'd have pitched to him.

I'd almost always to pitch to everyone.

As is he stole second and got to third on a wild pitch.

Judge on third is more dangerous than Judge at the plate.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

They walked Judge, top of the 9th, 2 outs, bringing the winning run to the plate. Several here advocated not pitching to Judge, not letting him beat you. He was 0 for 4 to that point in the game. Practically everyone would likely agree that was a good strategy NOW as it worked. I wonder, if we had a poll before the 9th inning started how the majority WOULD have voted?????  Anyone want to fess up???

Me, personally, tuned in on CBS gameday as Judge was at ball 3 so for sure I would say yes at that point. If there had been a poll prior, I would have said no FWIW.

FWIW, the third pitch to him was borderline and could've been called a strike.

Personally I hate pitcharounds to the point where zero pitches are in the zone... if you're going to do that then just IBB him. I think Bautista should've aimed for a couple inches farther from the middle of the plate than usual, and whatever happens happens. I can't read his mind and know where he aimed but I'm guessing farther than that.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Yankees just lost 3-2 to Red Sox today!!!!!!

I tuned into ESPN for the last 2 innings of that one.   It's always a pleasant evening when the Yanks lose.   During the broadcast between the Yankees and Red Sox on Sunday night, they advertised their upcoming MLB schedule:  Yankees-Mets on Wednesday night and then Yankees-Red Sox again next Sunday.  I hate ESPN.

• Upvote 2

What’s better than Orioles win, Yankees lose?   Orioles win, Yankees lose doubleheader!    

And, Tampa Bay and Toronto also lose.  

The Red Sox were  playing the Yankees, so unfortunately it was necessary for them to win.  Otherwise it was a perfect day.