Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

Yankees score 2 in the top of the 11th, but Colorado gets a 2-run HR to tie in the bottom of the 11th, and then another HR with 2 outs to walk it off.

Yankees lose 2 of 3 in Denver,  and they are now 7.5 games behind us (and a game behind the Astros for the last playoff spot).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yankees score 2 in the top of the 11th, but Colorado gets a 2-run HR to tie in the bottom of the 11th, and then another HR with 2 outs to walk it off.

Yankees lose 2 of 3 in Denver,  and they are now 7.5 games behind us (and a game behind the Astros for the last playoff spot).

*8 behind us.  😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think we're 8 up after the Yankees loss (on them and Boston). 

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh happy day!  Rays lose too. :D

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow! I saw it was 3-1 in the bottom of the 9th and figured it was over.

8-7 final!

Yanks had a two run lead in the Top of the 11th and gave up 3 in the bottom.  

However, the O's, Jays and Red Sox have all won 8 of their last 10.  

This division is brutal.  

In NY this is the apocalypse.  Boone must die.  

Edited by Baltimorecuse
add info
  • Upvote 1

Jack Curry, one of in-studio hosts on YES (NYY cable network) and all-around pinstripe worshipper, called it "probably the worst loss of the season." I would point out to Curry and NYY fans generally that there's plenty of time to pick up worse losses before the team packs it in for 2023.

I still can't say I am counting on a playoff berth because earning one requires beating HOU, TEX, NYY or TOR, and the Jays have been just as hot as us.

But if we go .500 to land at 92-70, NYY will now need to go 42-26 to tie, a .618 pace only three Clubs have been able to do so far this season.

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I still can't say I am counting on a playoff berth because earning one requires beating HOU, TEX, NYY or TOR, and the Jays have been just as hot as us.

But if we go .500 to land at 92-70, NYY will now need to go 42-26 to tie, a .618 pace only three Clubs have been able to do so far this season.

Ya, wouldn't surprise me to see Toronto leapfrog both the Orioles and Rays by the end of the season. With the Tampa rotation getting hit by injuries it's now a tossup as to who's the class of the division.

So long as its not the Red Sox or Yankees. ....

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Ya, wouldn't surprise me to see Toronto leapfrog both the Orioles and Rays by the end of the season. With the Tampa rotation getting hit by injuries it's now a tossup as to who's the class of the division.

So long as its not the Red Sox or Yankees. ....

Man this board has so little faith in the team. The Blow Jays are still 5 games back of us despite their recent hot streak and we just swept the Marlins (a good team).

anything is possible but I’d be surprised if Toronto leapfrogged us at this point. They have their own issues just like we do. 

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Man this board has so little faith in the team. The Blow Jays are still 5 games back of us despite their recent hot streak and we just swept the Marlins (a good team).

anything is possible but I’d be surprised if Toronto leapfrogged us at this point. They have their own issues just like we do. 

Honest question for you and the others that do this.

What is the point of stuff like "Blow Jays" and "Red Sux" and "Skanees"?

Do you think it's witty?  Do you think the fans or players somehow see it and are bothered?

I really want to know because I've never had the slightest urge to do such a thing.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think it's witty?  Do you think the fans or players somehow see it and are bothered?

I really want to know because I've never had the slightest urge to do such a thing.

Thanks in advance.

I'm with you on this one. It seems childish at best. 

I like the Yankees one when they insert dollar signs.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thanks in advance.

If it annoyed you, then that’s reason enough! 🤣🤣